• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand New 2022 Yamaha 275SD Hull Issues

Gareth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Took delivery Wednesday 12/29 of our new 275sd. Had it delivered to our marina, did a walk through and everything looked great. We put it in the water and put 5 hours on it over two days slowly breaking it in. Boat runs great so far. I know the book gives it a 90 minute break in, but will wait a little longer to push it. Pulled it out of the water and put it on a work rack. While giving it a wash I noticed on the starboard side the upper and lower fins seem to divot in especially compared to the other side. Not sure how I didn't see this prior to taking delivery except that boat sits higher up on the work rack than on the trailer it was delivered on. I attached a coupled photos with arrows pointing at the issues. Pictures with the red arrows are from the starboard sign and area of concern. Pictures with yellow arrows are the port side which look good and are for comparison purposes. Not really sure how big of an issue this is or how concerned I should be about it? Going to notify the dealer as well as contact Yamaha directly. If anyone has any thoughts, experience, or advise on how to handle, please feel free to share.

Thanks,

Gareth

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it is warranted file it with the dealer who sold it to you see what they say.