• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Bow lake, OK

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski The house was pretty epic, but 10 adults and 15 kids (ALL the kids were 10 and under). I'm still trying to catch up on sleep!

Appreciate the insight. It makes sense, since when tubing I tend to kill the engines quickly at times to prevent sucking up a rope.

@PEARCE It was a definitely HOT this time of year. I would really like to go again, but agree with you that end of September/October might be the best time if the water stays warm. I was surprised that it was shorter than a drive to Austin, but only about an hour longer than going to PK for a much nicer lake.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Shuck Water We've only been to PK once and it was several years ago. It was actually the summer that they were having all those wildfires around the lake that was burning all those massive homes. We found and hung out in the Hells Gate cove for a while and most of the houses were gone. It was really sad. I don't remember if we stayed somewhere and made it a weekend or if it was a daytrip. Because of where we live, east of Dallas, and where PK is, west of Ft. Worth, going to PK was a turnoff for me because of having to tow the boat through the metroplex traffic. I'd rather drive another hour the opposite direction then do that! It's not that I don't have confidence and comfort in my towing abilities, it's the other idiots on the road that worries me.