• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Latch - Wet Compartment Door/Cushion - 2016 AR240

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone had a broken latch (part #31 below) in the wet comp door/cushion replaced (2015+)? Mine just broke (the cushion part, the hull/cap part #33 is fine).
I don't really want to bring it in, but not sure how to access/pull it, does it just pull out (the cushion part)? It has been acting up, drooping and not latching properly, for a while and finally broke.
Appreciate any insights!
upload_2017-6-22_8-56-32.png

--

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
hhhmmm...that's an odd part to be acting up and breaking. My guess if it's on the cushion side, that it'd require coming at it from the other side to loosen the bolts holding it on. But that's a total guess on my part.

If you have YES, is this something you can live with until the end of the season when you can take it in and have it done under warranty?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hhhmmm...that's an odd part to be acting up and breaking. My guess if it's on the cushion side, that it'd require coming at it from the other side to loosen the bolts holding it on. But that's a total guess on my part.

If you have YES, is this something you can live with until the end of the season when you can take it in and have it done under warranty?
It just hatched a bolt with a piece of plastic and a spring...
I can still kind-a lock it and it held up over a short distance but need to address it before Bimini trip, lol.

--

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue. Ordered the part on Amazon but it needed modification due to the depth of the mount on our models. I didn't see that part on the website so the one you listed shouldn't need anything. To remove it, just pry it out with a flathead screwdriver a little on each side. There are two tabs on each side that you will compress to release it. To install, just push it in. I have 2 extra on the boat incase it breaks again. Let me know if you have any questions.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue. Ordered the part on Amazon but it needed modification due to the depth of the mount on our models. I didn't see that part on the website so the one you listed shouldn't need anything. To remove it, just pry it out with a flathead screwdriver a little on each side. There are two tabs on each side that you will compress to release it. To install, just push it in. I have 2 extra on the boat incase it breaks again. Let me know if you have any questions.
Fantastic! Super thank you!

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski Looking at the parts diagram above, those parts look a lot like the latch on my Sunfrost refrigerator that i've had for 22 years.
20170623_212413.jpg 20170623_212432.jpg As you know I do not have this on my 07, so I cannot verify. The picture is small, but it looks close.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish mine would break that whole system is not very secure I would love to come up with a mod to replace it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski With the purchase of the frig. came a lifetime guarantee on the latches, I have replaced twice in 22 years, at no cost.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was a super easy fix, thanks @Rob9550 for the tip! Just in time before Bimini.
I only replaced the female part (left) that was broken.
upload_2017-7-7_0-55-10.png
This is what I ordered:
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
Mfg Product Number: F3F-U5532-00-00
Description: LATCH for 2016 YAMAHA AR240 HIGH OUTPUT SAT1800AR
Order Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $14.92
Total Cost: $14.92

ORDER TOTALS:
Item Total: $14.92
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $11.00
Order Total: $25.92

Thank you for your purchase and please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding your order.
Email: sales@powersportsparts4less.com

--

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came new off the lot, broken from Yamaha. Theyre sending a whole new cushion. Maybe I’ll order the latch and keep the cushion as a spare. They already sent the wrong side so I’ll have a new matching set for spares. Lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine came new off the lot, broken from Yamaha. Theyre sending a whole new cushion. Maybe I’ll order the latch and keep the cushion as a spare. They already sent the wrong side so I’ll have a new matching set for spares. Lol
Absolutely! It takes 10seconds to pry the "female" part out of the cushion/cover with a small flat screwdriver. The new part just pops right in. The male part screwed to the fiberglass opening/frame does not seem to brake.

--

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your right, Swatski, never even thought about shipping. I think it was about $ 5.00 for shipping so if you order 2 it helps justify it?
I bought 2 last year, one as spare, so far it is holding up

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
McMaster Carr. Part # 12855A65. Exact latch. $6.91 ea
Aloha @Mike Clark is this the exact part? Is it a swap in or needs modification? Mahalo🤙🏽

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Why not just replace with a strong earth magnet? Mine broke (2019 AR240) and I see nothing from stopping it from breaking again. The magnet if strong would actually be more secure than this silly latch.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, this the exact part, no modification required. I have used one already on my boat. Bought 2, one as a spare
Aloha @Mike Clark i’m ordering this part, is the oat number u gave for the female sde? I can’t seem to tell on there web catalog. Mahalo🤙🏽