• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brought Her Home Today!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally brought her home today. Unfortunately rain and Thunderstorms here for two days and I have a garage full of Mods to start putting on. My driveway got a lot smaller. 2020 AR210 Blue. Dealership was awesome and walked me through everything. Had them also put on a bow cover for need in case we get caught in bad weather to help with taking a full wave in the bow.

First Picture Putting Cover on at dealership after complete walk through.

DayOneBoatPickupAnon.jpg

2nd picture sitting in drive.

DayOneBoatComesHome.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. First time I saw it in person today. Bigger than I thought is going to be.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! When I saw the first picture I thought "what's he complaining about his driveway for that's an awesome garage" then I realized my mistake,

Are you proficient towing? if not, now would be a good time to get some practice in maneuvering around the ramp area,

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to tow boats and horse trailers a lot, but its been about 20 years since. If the weather breaks for a bit I will head out and work on towing and parking to get back up to speed.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Family mentioned it looks small with cover on "Why didn't you get the bigger 24 foot?, I was just asked." They haven't even been in it yet. I guess I can't win and money is falling from the skies.........

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congratulations! When I saw the first picture I thought "what's he complaining about his driveway for that's an awesome garage" then I realized my mistake,

Are you proficient towing? if not, now would be a good time to get some practice in maneuvering around the ramp area.
I made the same mistake. I thought, with a garage like that why keep it in the driveway.

I used to tow boats and horse trailers a lot, but its been about 20 years since. If the weather breaks for a bit I will head out and work on towing and parking to get back up to speed.
Towing hasn't changed much in 20yrs, you'll be fine. :D

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright I put captions above each picture. Now you both have me thinking to put up a second garage in my back lot I have plenty of room..... Won't fit in my attached garage too tall.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the first link garages a lot. I am going to check with city ordinance if I can put in a Metal one, which would save some funds. It would work out great.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After setting her up for the first time myself, I wasn't overly excited about the QC. I will say that there was small shit all over my boat like a couple of small screws a tiny nut, a couple of wires not secured and just hanging against the right wall of the engine compartment and zip tie ends in the bottom of the engine compartment, ski locker drain plug all gunked up inside. Not a big fan. I am not sure if that is on Yamaha QC or if that is something the dealer should of taken care of before it was delivered to me. I would of expected, for what we all pay for these things, that I would of received it in a pristine conditions, but perhaps my expectations of a new boat are off, I haven't ever boat one new.

Don't get me wrong I love the boat, just thought it would of been detailed better.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, it's not like buying a new car. If you go into it with that expectation, you will be disappointed.

18 months into the new boat purchase and I'm still finding random screws, discarded plastic pieces and unsecured wires. Also you will find threads here addressing things like Connext battery voltage readouts not properly wired, throttles not adjusted properly, audio system wiring issues (significant in my case), and a host of other things. Mostly small stuff that just makes you scratch your head and wonder what they could have been thinking. Or whether they were thinking at all.

If you've ever owned a new (or relatively new) RV, it's similar to that experience. 10 of the last 20 feet of the assembly line is at the dealer. The very last 10 feet of the assembly line is in your garage.

That said these are great boats. And I'm told they are not much different in QC from what other manufacturers produce. If you're willing to learn by reading what others have been through here, and then spending time addressing them yourself, you can get your boat close to perfect, or at least a heck of a lot better than the industry standard.

Jeff

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat and I am sure we will see a custom garage up next. Quality control is interesting... I put a 2nd bilge in recently and found the QC checklist laying in the bilge. They forgot to take it out (?) and you can draw your own conclusions. It is upside down and probably not to clear but most of the checklist is not filled out....

IMG_2887 (1).jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, definitely makes me feel a bit better.