• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another House/boatel/campertel

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was a long trip so haven't gotten a chance to clean it up yet but this is the night I picked it up. Needs a little bit of TLC but it does what I need it to do.

Anyone looking for a great 3/4 ton truck I have my red one for sale.

20181023_192129.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was a long trip so haven't gotten a chance to clean it up yet but this is the night I picked it up. Needs a little bit of TLC but it does what I need it to do.

Anyone looking for a great 3/4 ton truck I have my red one for sale.

View attachment 84854
Awesome! That ought to pull anything and everything!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am so stinkin' jealous of that garage.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Been awhile since an update. We had a very interesting start to our winter season with around 14 inches of snow so far that caught us off guard. We were digging water and sewer lines to the garage in 8 inches of snow that was melting very rapidly which was a muddy mess. The result was the camper in the garage later then expected. They also have the footers poured for the house but haven't touched it for a month due to wet conditions.

20181112_165109.jpg

20181115_100744.jpg

20181117_144737.jpg

20181117_170553.jpg

20181109_162128.jpg

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't forget the all the fun of freezing water lines including this morning ! Who knew it would be down into the teens in November for Missouri !

Plus side of being inside the barn - no more mud, no more tripping on shoes inside the camper, don't have to warm my van up for 30 mins, and I have my washer and dryer hooked up now !

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't forget the all the fun of freezing water lines including this morning ! Who knew it would be down into the teens in November for Missouri !

Plus side of being inside the barn - no more mud, no more tripping on shoes inside the camper, don't have to warm my van up for 30 mins, and I have my washer and dryer hooked up now !
Looking good!!!

Hey, if it freezes over again, I know someone around Kirkwood, MO, with a warm walk-out basement and all...;););)

--

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife You guys have made (decision) and found the ultimate place! We lived in the Dallas suburbs when we met and when the kids were in school. Once they were headed off to college, we found our 5 acres in a deeded and restricted rural, all wooded, subdivision. We’ve been here 15 years now! We have had two Yamahas and got into the motorhome. It has grown with us and the only downside is that we built a house that was a tad too much, and didn’t build the big garage you have upfront. But the great thing about property like you guys (and us) have, is that you can add because you have room.

It’s looking great and you may never have the camper in the camp site again! Since we built the barn (garage) for the motorhome, I added a mini split a/c to it. It is so nice even Clara thinks it was one of our best decisions. And the life of the coach will be lengthened, just like your boat and other equipment, because it is indoors when not being used!

I’m glad you have a campsite tho...we may have to stop by and say hi one of these days! lol Just wanted to give you the thumbs up and say how great the place is looking!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Mel. Our campsite is always open for any passer thru that we know. That is what is nice about this huge Yamaha family, you meet the nicest people!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking good!!!

Hey, if it freezes over again, I know someone around Kirkwood, MO, with a warm walk-out basement and all...;););)

--
If you have all your Christmas decorations up I will be over right over ! This will be so hard not to decorate for XMAS it's stuffed into the back of our storage container. We rented two of these and barely fit all our stuff in them ! One of them is all Jerry's stuff imagine that !

45208156_1119751614864767_6102625606757777408_o.jpg

@jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife

I’m glad you have a campsite tho...we may have to stop by and say hi one of these days! lol Just wanted to give you the thumbs up and say how great the place is looking!
Anytime everyone is welcome !

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In CT I pay $200 a year just for tax on my boat trailer......... thanks primarily to our tax and spend Democrats. Our gas tax is 43.8 cents per gallon. So basically what you pay in property taxes I pay the equivalent tax in one tank of gas for my boat. A sad state to say the least.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In CT I pay $200 a year just for tax on my boat trailer......... thanks primarily to our tax and spend Democrats. Our gas tax is 43.8 cents per gallon. So basically what you pay in property taxes I pay the equivalent tax in one tank of gas for my boat. A sad state to say the least.
I don;t know how much one can really generalize those things... without oversimplifying. For example, my property taxes in St. Louis County, MO are significantly higher than, say, Arlington, VA, as a percent of assessed value. My house is about twice the size of a comparable cost dwelling in VA, but still. And we have better schools, I think.

--

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sales tax on everything you purchase new or used, property tax on your house, personal property tax on everything you own with a title, and icing on the cake insurance for all that crap ! I wonder sometimes when we pay these bills "just make friends with people who own boats . . . then hope they invite us !"

Last edited:

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski I really hate opening my yearly personal property tax statement to say the least ! Our list is so long they cut it off and say additional items.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
More update pics

20181211_161424.jpg

20181217_170057.jpg

20181219_162057.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Us Okies don't pay near as mush as others. We pay tax on tags (1 time) , real estate tax every year, no personal property, sales tax on everything, and state income tax (which isn't high at all).

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is that closed in for winter yet? Looks great!
I have been a little lax on posting. Been very busy! I am making my own railings for the house so that is keeping us busy. We have also been busy picking everything out because our builders are moving very fast. They did get the roof covered before the 10" of snow hit so it is under roof now.

housebarn.jpg

peak.jpg

Lots of sanding to do to the rails. These were just to test fit everything. There are some changes that need to be made just to some widths.

railing.jpg

railing2.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been a little lax on posting. Been very busy! I am making my own railings for the house so that is keeping us busy. We have also been busy picking everything out because our builders are moving very fast. They did get the roof covered before the 10" of snow hit so it is under roof now.

View attachment 86560

View attachment 86561

Lots of sanding to do to the rails. These were just to test fit everything. There are some changes that need to be made just to some widths.

View attachment 86562

View attachment 86563
Is that #4 rebar? Very Cool!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The house is nice but the garage is what has me drooling.