• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another House/boatel/campertel

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The wife ( @jcyamahariders wife ) and I have been discussing what we will do after the kids are gone and grown and what we would like to do with ourselves. Well insert what we currently enjoy, boating, camping, friends, and atv riding. Realizing that we cannot do the things that we enjoy where we live now we started the hunt for property. Fast forward a couple of months and we closed on 20 acres and are starting to make our dreams a reality. Not needing much room because we are gone most of the time we decide that we wanted a smaller house with a bigger garage. Here is what we have decided on:

new house.jpg

https://www.builtritebuilding.com/

We also plan to have 2 full hookup sites for campers for anyone that come and visits.

The property that we bought is mostly woods and has a small pond. I will stock this pond and clean up the area around it. I will also probably put up a pavilion.

property3.jpg

Here is the start to the driveway:

property2.jpg

property1.jpg

We have a long way to go and progress will be slow going but I will come back and update when we do things.

We have an excavator coming in 2 weeks to knock down the tress around the house area and driveway area so I will update when that happens.

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very exciting!! is that a spring fed pond or just a ground water run off stock pond?

Are you still near Gerald or did you move further out?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
very exciting!! is that a spring fed pond or just a ground water run off stock pond?

Are you still near Gerald or did you move further out?
We are only a couple of miles farther down Hwy 50, closer to rosebud Missouri now.

That pond is an old clay pit, so just water run off.

We are excited about it. We have some things we need to do to the house before we put it on the market. We are hoping to list the house in May that way we can have the pool open and hopefully attract some potential buyers.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rosebud huh?
Not much around that area....just what I dream of!
I lived in Sedalia for a few years, Knob Noster for a year and then Warrensburg for a few
Years. I really liked MO, especially southern and out toward where you are. We would go to Hermann for Oct fest and ride motorcycles around there.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rosebud huh?
Not much around that area....just what I dream of!
I lived in Sedalia for a few years, Knob Noster for a year and then Warrensburg for a few
Years. I really liked MO, especially southern and out toward where you are. We would go to Hermann for Oct fest and ride motorcycles around there.

Awesome! We used to go October festing a lot but since we have gotten older and we have done it so much it has kind of lost its luster. We love the area though and the people are friendly. I have lived out here close to 15 years now and I couldn't imagine life anywhere else.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Awesome! We used to go October festing a lot but since we have gotten older and we have done it so much it has kind of lost its luster. We love the area though and the people are friendly. I have lived out here close to 15 years now and I couldn't imagine life anywhere else.
I grew up in AR, I’ve moved around a lot being in the Air Force and my wife is still active duty, I’m retired, MO is the only place I have lived that actually felt like I was “home”. I’ve enjoyed everywhere I’ve
Lived, but that home feeling wasn’t there for me except for MO

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a great place and a great plan! Look forward to watching your progress.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is sweet!
I have to ask though, for self-serving reasons - you must have considered doing this on a bigger lake, no? Not easy to find a place like that next to a larger body of water, or is there something else that made you steer away?
Just curious.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is sweet!
I have to ask though, for self-serving reasons - you must have considered doing this on a bigger lake, no? Not easy to find a place like that next to a larger body of water, or is there something else that made you steer away?
Just curious.

--
Nope never considered it. We wanted to keep the kids in the same school district so we didn't have to uproot them from their friends and what they know.

A big lake would be cool, but we enjoy the area and wanted to stay close.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your gonna love living out in the country, 20ac. is perfect. Land with a pond in the woods. You will probably have enough firewood for a stove or fireplace by the looks of it. Cutting atv trails will be a must. I am envious of the building you have chosen. Big garages/shops are a must in my world. Well done, and another benefit to having that much land is...taking your morning coffee and favorite jetboat forum to enjoy out on your front porch. And then if you do need or decide to take a leak, you can do so from the front porch without drawing looks or complaints from neighbors.:winkingthumbsup" I know, my priorities may be different than others'.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your gonna love living out in the country, 20ac. is perfect. Land with a pond in the woods. You will probably have enough firewood for a stove or fireplace by the looks of it. Cutting atv trails will be a must. I am envious of the building you have chosen. Big garages/shops are a must in my world. Well done, and another benefit to having that much land is...taking your morning coffee and favorite jetboat forum to enjoy out on your front porch. And then if you do need or decide to take a leak, you can do so from the front porch without drawing looks or complaints from neighbors.:winkingthumbsup" I know, my priorities may be different than others'.
Sounds like our priorities and thoughts are about the same....LOL

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The highlift guy called me sooner then expected and really laid it down!!!

Thursday evening progress:

The driveway:
property4.jpg

My youngest daughter Anna, the wife and our puppy Floyd. ( the other dog is a stray )

property5.jpg

Myself:

property6.jpg

Where the turn back to the house will start:

property7.jpg

Friday Progress:

This is the turn, and where the trees are we are going to put in 2 full hook up RV sites.

property8.jpg

Where the house will go and many hours of cutting up tress ahead of me....LOL

property9.jpg

It is getting there. Next on the list is to get all of the trees on the driveway portion cut up so I can get gravel down and get my current boat shelter moved and camper moved over to this property. After that will be septic, electric, and to purchase a large shipping container so i can move items out of the current house for an easier move when we do sell the house.

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pics of the property after tonight hopefully. All of the down trees are cut up, just have tree tops left. My highlift guy is going to make me 2 big burn piles so I can try to get rid of most of the tree tops that way. He is also starting to level the entrance to the driveway and lay down rock so we can get our camper in there. Oh yeah that is one more thing, with us starting to build only after our other house sells we will need home to stay in until the shop/house is complete:

TADA!!

Should give the family enough space not to kill each other while we are building.

2018 Montana High Country 362RD. I absolutely love the floor plan of this camper!

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stuff is looking good! We went the camper route as well. Hope your house sells soon so you can get the house underway, now that spring is finally showing up. Keep the pics and updates coming.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Stuff is looking good! We went the camper route as well. Hope your house sells soon so you can get the house underway, now that spring is finally showing up. Keep the pics and updates coming.
You too. I am living thru you currently watching your build!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you going to pull that thing to Shelbyville!?!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
yep

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I googled that unit. Crazy to me that the internet posted price is cheaper than a 242X. I had no idea they were that affordable!!

Awesome!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I googled that unit. Crazy to me that the internet posted price is cheaper than a 242X. I had no idea they were that affordable!!

Awesome!
That’s why I don’t understand the “tiny house” movement, people are spending more money on a storage shed to live in than they would if they bought a nice camper. I don’t get it.