• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buick envison

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No judgement, just curiosity.

Why? Political concerns? Quality concerns? Don't have to explain in detail (or at all if you don't want to), just trying to broaden my perspective a bit.
Between the communism, the slave labor, the genocides, the relentless attempts to take down the US, the total lack of human rights, the total lack of care about pollution, the continued lies about literally everything they do, the extreme authoritarian government that controls basically all companies in the country... It's tough to find a reason to be OK with doing business with the CCP/China.

But for me, beyond all that it's that companies go to China to save money on products, so they're not going to spend money to get a quality product from them, because they want it cheap. China is capable of making quality products, but that costs money, and that's the opposite of what the intent there is.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No judgement, just curiosity.

Why? Political concerns? Quality concerns? Don't have to explain in detail (or at all if you don't want to), just trying to broaden my perspective a bit.
Politics partly has something to do with it. Interestingly, though, it is because of Chinese politics, what they say and do in the world, and how they treat America companies operating in China. We purchase a lot of Chinese made products, but buy non-Chinese (perference American) made products whenever there is a good alternative. In our new home, all the major appliances in my wife's kitchen are Maytag and her new washer/dryer are Whirlpool.

Quality would be secondary, as China is not known for the production of high quality automobiles. My recollection is that when GM went through bankruptcy in 2009, the Buick lines was spared as it very popular in China and this was seen as an up-and coming market for GM. (Personally, I would have preferred that Buick died and Pontiac was kept, but GM didn't ask me, LOL).

Jim

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Well I want to thank all for their pros & cons about the Buick Envison . I finally made a discission and 3 weeks
ago I leased a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe very nice SUV and loaded with technology and safety features.
AND IT'S MADE IN MONTGOMERY ALABAMA NICE [flag]