• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying Fat Sac Ballast

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
** Update #2 **

I called any dealer that had this part listed on their website, searched Canada and UK eBay, and even called Yamaha directly to see wtf is going on. I had one dealer tell me that they received a shipment and they were all recalled and had to be sent back. Yamaha direct told me none of them will ship to consumer until October. Wake Wedge it is then! @jcyamaharider - if I were in your boating shoes I'd be buying some Google Adwords with Yamaha Wakebooster as keywords, you're about to have a killer summer!

If anyone actually owns on OEM wakebooster for the 21' series boats and didn't like surfing behind it, now's the time to cash in on eBay!

casehoss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
** Update #2 **

I called any dealer that had this part listed on their website, searched Canada and UK eBay, and even called Yamaha directly to see wtf is going on. I had one dealer tell me that they received a shipment and they were all recalled and had to be sent back. Yamaha direct told me none of them will ship to consumer until October. Wake Wedge it is then! @jcyamaharider - if I were in your boating shoes I'd be buying some Google Adwords with Yamaha Wakebooster as keywords, you're about to have a killer summer!

If anyone actually owns on OEM wakebooster for the 21' series boats and didn't like surfing behind it, now's the time to cash in on eBay!
I just ordered the wake booster from PWC parts that I found from Ebay. I have not recieved any emails stating it wasn't in stock or out of stock. Fingers crossed.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just ordered the wake booster from PWC parts that I found from Ebay. I have not recieved any emails stating it wasn't in stock or out of stock. Fingers crossed.
Let me know! I should say that I did find the $1799 kit with board included on eBay, and seems to be some 19' kits available to. The $800 booster-only kit for the 21' boats was what I had issue with.

casehoss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let me know! I should say that I did find the $1799 kit with board included on eBay, and seems to be some 19' kits available to. The $800 booster-only kit for the 21' boats was what I had issue with.
I just emailed them to see if they would let me know if it was actually in stock. I ended up just going to their website and ordering just the wakebooster. I ordered a slingshot board from j-rad on transom water sports with the discount code. Hope pwc parts is a legit site!! I'll let you know when or if I hear back. Going to order the fat sacs and hope they come in stock soon.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just emailed them to see if they would let me know if it was actually in stock. I ended up just going to their website and ordering just the wakebooster. I ordered a slingshot board from j-rad on transom water sports with the discount code. Hope pwc parts is a legit site!! I'll let you know when or if I hear back. Going to order the fat sacs and hope they come in stock soon.
Damn, I see they're leading with them on their homepage - they must have them in stock. $1200 for the 21' booster package only though, that's $400 higher than Yamaha retail! Capitalism! :D

casehoss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Damn, I see they're leading with them on their homepage - they must have them in stock. $1200 for the 21' booster package only though, that's $400 higher than Yamaha retail! Capitalism! :D
They said they had plenty in stock and already sent me an email saying it has been shipped. Maybe I'll sell it on Ebay for double at the end of the year as these things seem to only increase in value!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They said they had plenty in stock and already sent me an email saying it has been shipped. Maybe I'll sell it on Ebay for double at the end of the year as these things seem to only increase in value!!
Good for you! Nice to see that someone has them. I'm sticking with my Wake Wedge for $250 less for now.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
** Update #2 **

I'm wondering if it's cause they're all labeled for the 21' yet they're actually supposed to be for the 24' boats like so many of us were sold. Not the first time I've seen yamaha pull a product from their shelves while they figure out a distribution problem. Happened with my bimini top. Granted I'm not exactly complaining as I don't want those tabs touching my gel coat anywho. Only real thing missing is the scupper cover. Which again if you don't have any goofy footed surfers is a moot point anyway.

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at getting the custom FatSac 24 and Supa tsunami combo to supplement my factory ballast in 2019 242x for surfing. Wondering if anyone knows if the connector on the pump fits the factory bags? I'm thinking I could then have that pump as a backup to the factory pumps in case one doesn't work or I continue having issues with Connext ballast control system. Or maybe I need one of the adapters to connect factory bags to the Supa pump? I see they have Flow rite connectors in 1" and 1 1/8" which appear to be the same as factory hose connectors. Also they offer a 1" - Atwood tsunami adapter hose which may work? Anyone try any of these options or have any experience with the pumps and factory bags?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 24ft transom bag and tsunami pump come with fatsacs twist lock conne turn which is different then what the factory Yamaha connection is.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at getting the custom FatSac 24 and Supa tsunami combo to supplement my factory ballast in 2019 242x for surfing. Wondering if anyone knows if the connector on the pump fits the factory bags? I'm thinking I could then have that pump as a backup to the factory pumps in case one doesn't work or I continue having issues with Connext ballast control system. Or maybe I need one of the adapters to connect factory bags to the Supa pump? I see they have Flow rite connectors in 1" and 1 1/8" which appear to be the same as factory hose connectors. Also they offer a 1" - Atwood tsunami adapter hose which may work? Anyone try any of these options or have any experience with the pumps and factory bags?
Where does one buy this combo? I’m looking to purchase same for my 2019 242X.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where does one buy this combo? I’m looking to purchase same for my 2019 242X.
There are several places online to purchase. I believe I ended up getting it from wakemakers.com but it may have been Hodges marine which sometimes has good sales. later discovered Gatlin also offers a package. I bought their wake wedge which I also recommend if you want the cleanest wave. Even with all that you need to dial it in each time. I had to add lead weight in front and sometimes other places around boat (depending on passengers) to really get a good ropeless wave without excessive RPMs. I’m no expert by any means but can typically get a decent ropeless wave finally. Happy to share suggestions if you have any particular issues along the way, although there are much more experienced people on here as well.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We designed every single Yamaha transom bag on the market for fatsac. We are also co branded with Fatsac on the new 25ft bags.