• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying Fat Sac Ballast

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any concern with the radio getting smashed that's right there on the swim platform?
Not at all. There is a bit of gap right there, and even if it was up against it, there is no real pressure. It is a good question, as it has not pressed any buttons on ours.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not at all. There is a bit of gap right there, and even if it was up against it, there is no real pressure. It is a good question, as it has not pressed any buttons on ours.
That's funny - I've had it happen twice now in the last two weeks where someone has sat on the deck at the sandbar and cranked the music all the way up on accident with their back. TWICE my wife has given me the death stare from 50m, TWICE I've pointed to the person on the deck and made the "I can't hear you" signal as the music is too loud... .😂😂

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our 2011 has the old controls, and they take quite a bit of pressure to activate. The first couple years of the 242LS also came with a remote control. And that animal has been put away for good. For some reason, the buttons may stick, and the volume will go to "11" real quick to the point of being painful. So we are careful with those remotes for sure.

I think our swimdeck remote sticks out a bit less than the lower back pad that is in place on the 242LS. I could be wrong. Maybe that is why we get away with it.C6BE3C7F-0EA5-4502-AE86-AA376E0C86BA.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our 2011 has the old controls, and they take quite a bit of pressure to activate. The first couple years of the 242LS also came with a remote control. And that animal has been put away for good. For some reason, the buttons may stick, and the volume will go to "11" real quick to the point of being painful. So we are careful with those remotes for sure.

I think our swimdeck remote sticks out a bit less than the lower back pad that is in place on the 242LS. I could be wrong. Maybe that is why we get away with it.View attachment 122080
Yeah mine is right there on the surf side for me. If I was to put a bag back there I'd be concerned bad things might happen.
20200525_103800.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'll let you guys know if we have any issues with pressure right there. I do have the cap that comes with the unit which might help.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll let you guys know if we have any issues with pressure right there. I do have the cap that comes with the unit which might help.
Same. I put mine on, as you can see in the pic, when I am washing to reduce the amount of direct water spray it could receive.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The cap should do it I would think. Or make a cap if you don't have one. I forget that the non-LS models don't have those lower pads. So either a cap, or get some lower pads. They are nice for sitting with your feet in the water!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
**Update**

Called boats.net because my order for the wakebooster has been sitting out there as pending for a week now. After waiting for 15min to speak to someone I was told "this is on back order until October." So... back to the drawing board. I will say that, due to ZERO communication on a backorder status either at the time of purchase or after they had charged my CC, that I would NOT recommend boats.net for any purchases. Piss poor customer experience.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wake Wedges are ready to ship out ion 1-3 days. ;)

Fatsac on the other hand we are waiting on. They are behind on production. :mad:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wake Wedges are ready to ship out ion 1-3 days. ;)

Fatsac on the other hand we are waiting on. They are behind on production. :mad:
I highly considered the wake wedge as it looks to function better than the WB, but two big things: 1) I ride goofy, rest of my family is normal and 2) it's a permanent installation which pretty much removes using the transom functionality when we're at the sandbar.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2) it's a permanent installation which pretty much removes using the transom functionality when we're at the sandbar.
The only thing permanent is the small bracket that bolts on to the ladder bracket. You can easily take it on/off. It uses the same tie down eye that the wake booster does. Just pull 2 pins and it comes right off. Super easy if you’re in waist deep water. Little more tricky if you’re in deep water, but can definitely be done. I usually tie a dock line on it so I don’t drop it.

With their Universal wedge, you can move it from side to side for goofy/regular. Though, I don’t believe the universal folds for ladder access. When surfing, we never use the ladder. Even my 350lb self can climb aboard without the ladder, once the deck is slightly submerged.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
**Update**

Called boats.net because my order for the wakebooster has been sitting out there as pending for a week now. After waiting for 15min to speak to someone I was told "this is on back order until October." So... back to the drawing board. I will say that, due to ZERO communication on a backorder status either at the time of purchase or after they had charged my CC, that I would NOT recommend boats.net for any purchases. Piss poor customer experience.
That's surprising. The one issue I had with a discontinued item took about 2 days for them to figure it out and refund me. Don't order from Babbitts then if you think that's bad from boats.net. LOL!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The only thing permanent is the small bracket that bolts on to the ladder bracket. You can easily take it on/off. It uses the same tie down eye that the wake booster does. Just pull 2 pins and it comes right off. Super easy if you’re in waist deep water. Little more tricky if you’re in deep water, but can definitely be done. I usually tie a dock line on it so I don’t drop it.

With their Universal wedge, you can move it from side to side for goofy/regular. Though, I don’t believe the universal folds for ladder access. When surfing, we never use the ladder. Even my 350lb self can climb aboard without the ladder, once the deck is slightly submerged.
Well THIS is new information, thank you! I need to go visit the website again.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's surprising. The one issue I had with a discontinued item took about 2 days for them to figure it out and refund me. Don't order from Babbitts then if you think that's bad from boats.net. LOL!
I emailed boats.net back because they still have the WB shipping in "2-9 days" on their website and without any messaging that this item is due in around October. Idiots.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

So does anyone know if the Wake Wedge "universal" for $1k comes with both port and stb ladder brackets for switching, or is that extra? Not having ladder access is annoying, although I suppose one could use the ladder in the bow?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So does anyone know if the Wake Wedge "universal" for $1k comes with both port and stb ladder brackets for switching, or is that extra? Not having ladder access is annoying, although I suppose one could use the ladder in the bow?
Message jcyamaharider directly. That's the beauty of this site. And forget about that bow ladder in deep water. Unless you have crazy upper body strength, it's really not meant for deep water loading.

I can't say that I have heard one bad thing about the Wake Wedge from those that have purchased it, other than the initial cost or loss of ladder use. Otherwise, it performs ad advertised. I honestly would have gone that route if it had not been so expensive for a one trick pony. I really wanted to cut down the tubing spray as we do that more than anything.

For surfing, the overwhelming opinion is the Wake Wedge is worth the investment.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Universal does come with both ladder brackets and with our transoms being so close to the water while ballasted we do not even deploy the ladder with the regular Wake Wedge installed.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Message jcyamaharider directly. That's the beauty of this site. And forget about that bow ladder in deep water. Unless you have crazy upper body strength, it's really not meant for deep water loading.

I can't say that I have heard one bad thing about the Wake Wedge from those that have purchased it, other than the initial cost or loss of ladder use. Otherwise, it performs ad advertised. I honestly would have gone that route if it had not been so expensive for a one trick pony. I really wanted to cut down the tubing spray as we do that more than anything.

For surfing, the overwhelming opinion is the Wake Wedge is worth the investment.
Heck, I just used the ladder last weekend getting up from a wakeboard session. 6 year old daughter uses it all the time when deep water swimming. I can see that you can just remove the WW. Also, need to understand why the universal is more expensive...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The Universal does come with both ladder brackets and with our transoms being so close to the water while ballasted we do not even deploy the ladder with the regular Wake Wedge installed.
Thank you! Any discounts on the universal right now?! :D You've got us all by the ballz knowing that the competitor isn't shipping until after season ends, that's for sure!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Heck, I just used the ladder last weekend getting up from a wakeboard session. 6 year old daughter uses it all the time when deep water swimming. I can see that you can just remove the WW. Also, need to understand why the universal is more expensive...
There is a lot more machining to make the universal to be " flippable". Hinges are on the centerline of the bar...... etc.