1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Buying first jet boat

Discussion in 'Sea-Doo Jet Boats' started by K-doo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. K-doo

K-doo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    Hi All,
    I am new to the boating world. I am looking at a 2008 seadoo challenger 180. It is not an se. The seller just had a seadoo place replace the jet pump which was damaged by a piece of cement and gravel. Seadoo place said pump is fixed and they didn't see any other issues and the boat ran good when lake tested. Boat has like 60hrs on it. Are there any other concerns I should have? If they replaced the jet pump can I assume that the wear ring and impeller was replaced with it. The cost of the repair was approx. $1500 as per the seller. Supercharger was replaced 55 boat hrs ago under warranty due to defect.
    Boat has hour meter, snap in carpet, bimini top, cock pit and bow snap on covers, full boat cover.
    Thanks.

2. AZDANSX230HO

AZDANSX230HO Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 115
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Buy a Yamaha, hands down a better boat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Betik

Betik Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +935 / 16
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
  4. robert843

robert843 Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,082 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    It all depends on the price the challenger market has been soft. It could be a great starter boat as long as you are getting it for right around 10k. I would ask if the have paper work on the super charger rebuild.

5. K-doo

K-doo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:

The price is right around 10k. There's 55 hrs on new supercharger, not a rebuilt one, they had the supercharger replaced under the warranty when it only had 5 hrs on it, it had a factory defect. Now it has a new jet pump. I just don't want to make a bad decision. The hull doesn't even have a scratch in it. The stickers have a few scratches, seems to have been taken care of. Thanks.

6. K-doo

K-doo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
  7. robert843

robert843 Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,082 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    That seems to be the market on them right now. If it is 10K I wouldn't feel to bad about it. I would just take a test drive and see if you like it. Check the engine compartment make sure there is no water in it before the test drive and check again after. If there is water in there after it may have a failing carbon seal no big deal but just something to watch on those boats.

8. K-doo

K-doo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:

Thank you!