• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cable management

Hike

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is everyone using to secure power and speaker wires to fiberglass? Im running 2- 14 gauge heavy cables thru areas that I can’t put a screw thru. Any suggestions on epoxying zip tie mounts?

What is everyone using to secure power and speaker wires to fiberglass? Im running 2- 14 gauge heavy cables thru areas that I can’t put a screw thru. Any suggestions on epoxying zip tie mounts?
I don't have any suggestion on the mounts or how they work, only suggest using Velcro instead of zip ties. Less chance of abrasions, and easier serviceability.

I just put my wires in black plastic looming, or whatever it’s called, much like they did to the stock wires, and just zip tied that to whatever I could find.

I've used all the methods described (loom, zips & hook/loop) and where possible I put in cable mounting brackets to keep some cables from lying in a hold or lying against something that might be abrasive. I think the epoxy would work well if you can get them lined up and able to cure in the correct location.

I have had good success with these but they have only been on for a year.

Back