• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

California is Drying Up

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought the boat ramp at brannan was run by the state. The restaraunt there closed a few years ago. They use to love getting on their PA system to scold boaters creating wakes as they passed by. Too bad about brannan, they have plenty of ramps that are/were well maintained. A nearby alternative to orwood is discovery bay marina, $5 more than orwood but they have dock hands to manage the launch and recovery traffic as well as a golf cart to take patrons back and forth between the ramp and the trailer parking.
Discovery Bay is a great boat launch. It closes at 9pm. I found out the hard way. Lol

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just checking in from Lake Tulloch (Copperopolis, CA) - its a small lake but its full (always full) - great place to rent a house with a dock and spend a few days. Had some great conditions wake surfing (and no one is here during the week). I still like exploring the Delta and Ronnie gave me some good pointers about 2 years ago. Don Pedro- couldn't imagine launch when its low - its already a challenging launch lake - but once you get in - its awesome. Looking forward to a good summer -or the best possible. . .