• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Call me crazy but......

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of the 2nd captains chair on the SS because it sits at a different height from the captains chair. I think it just looks odd. I would definitely prefer the J seating.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
only 367.00 on sports plaza... not too bad really
the only thing that is different is that we do not have the # 19 backrest.

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 5.25.47 PM.png

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bob - the j seating is the way to go. It really opens up the cockpit.

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Cam, thanks for looking it up. Im off to Florida this week but next week I will try to visit the dealer for a comparison. $367 is not out of the question and then I will have a replacement captains chair

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
that is it Bob. we have a 2 year old and one on the way. my wife is telling me that it would be better to have more space than the captain chair to be able to watch the kids. Then later when the kiddos get bigger and can sit by themselves we can add the co-captain chair back. it is a win win for everyone... i think i have talked my wife into the seat for Christmas. Let me know what your dealer says.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya'll can have your J seating ... I'm removing all seating and installing a hot tub this year to compete with @Bruce 's fridge.

Where in Florida are you headed Bob?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Actually Murf your back yard. Lely, looking for a condo there

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you going to buy the back rest as well? It's relatively cheap (under $200).

I looked up the cost of another captains seat for my boat (a 2010 ls) , it was about $650 for the chair excluding the hardware (pedestal,slide plate, etc.) from a 2010 limited. The cost to go the other way was $880 for the folding cushions on my lounger. With misc parts and hw the out the door cost on each option is around $1,000. Not bad but not great either. I'm going to stick with what I have, to many other things to buy, besides that is a seat I rarely use.

Thanks for raising the subject @Evil Sports , it just pushed me to re prioritize a mod for next year, adding a lot more padding to the bolster on my seat. When it is in the up position it feels like I'm sitting on a plank of wood. The last thing I want to report after a day out on the boat is, "my butt hurts."

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually Murf your back yard. Lely, looking for a condo there
Very nice! I live in North Naples/Estates area so I'm very close. Let me know if I can help you with anything. Be sure to search the entire Naples area before buying as there are so many options and areas available.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I know this is an older post, has anyone actually replaced the 242 limited s fold out seat? I broke mine on the Bimini trip this week. I would like to just fix it but it actually tore the fabric as well. Also if you have replaced it has anyone switches it to another captains seat? Just a thought the wife had.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It would not be as easy as it looks to replace the lounger with another captains seat as someone else discovered and i confirmed, there is a thick metal plate embedded where the second captains seat pedestal would mount. I drilled a pilot hole through it with great effort, wouldn't want to try and drill 6 to 8 thicker holes through it and hope that self threading screws would do the job. I assume that the three parts you would need to make it look own (I.e., another seat, pedestal and rear cushion with a rounded end will cost over $1k), hard to justify that kind of spend when i currently have the option of converting the lounger to a seat with little effort.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It would not be as easy as it looks to replace the lounger with another captains seat as someone else discovered and i confirmed, there is a thick metal plate embedded where the second captains seat pedestal would mount. I drilled a pilot hole through it with great effort, wouldn't want to try and drill 6 to 8 thicker holes through it and hope that self threading screws would do the job. I assume that the three parts you would need to make it look own (I.e., another seat, pedestal and rear cushion with a rounded end will cost over $1k), hard to justify that kind of spend when i currently have the option of converting the lounger to a seat with little effort.
Yeah I already have the J seat that folds out, broke it in Bimini this week, it's around 869$ to replace it so I was thinking g of just paying the extra to make it captains seat.