• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can Am Spyder Riders?

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey all. I sold my Suzuki DS650....sort of regretting it but never had anyone to ride with and wife wouldn't ride on it either. Sitting on this money and thinking about going the Can Am Spyder route. I really like the design but wondering who else is out there with them. What are long rides like? Things that are good about them, things that are bad? Enough power? not enough power? I am thinking of getting something with the saddle bags and all. More of a touring model.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never ridden on. They look neat. Big craze here is to convert the rear end to a solid axle and make it look like a giant 4-wheeler. Saw 3-4 of those last summer.

I've always been perplexed why you would want one over something like a Miata, or similar small roadster. All the danger and work of a motorcycle without the fun bits of leaning and balancing.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I test drove one and it was very nice. And I get what your saying.....its like buying a UTV for $30,000 when you can buy a $10K Jeep and the Jeep can go through the Dairy Queen drive-thru (although some cities allow UTV's in town).

I would love to hear from some riders though. What they like, what they don''t like? How are long rides? etc..

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was real curious about these things a few years ago till I realized what they cost. Ouch! Now I'm real curious about the Polaris Slingshot. They are in the same price point neighborhood for the R version. I think they start around 20k. They have a 2 L 203hp inline 4 designed and built in house. The early ones had a GM sourced 2.4 I4. They've all been equipped with manual transmissions till '21 or '22 when again a designed and built in house auto is available as an option. With all the options checked you're looking at close to 35k. It's classified as a motorcycle or I think some states my call it an autocycle. I don't know anyone who has one, but I wish I did so I could at least go for a ride in it to see what it's like. I think they're cool!