• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can anyone tell me if this is normal... Bilge pump issue.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
60128356-EE78-484C-92FE-B1A7C79A5C23.jpeg 254DA62D-069C-4F59-B948-71FBD4CD6ED6.jpeg I have just put our new 212 limited in the garage. While going thru the engine compartment I notice something around the bilge pump. It looks like the floor below it is cut out which seems incorrect. I looks like water could flow below that are and never get pumped out.

Maybe someone can compare the pictures to their boat and let me know.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is correct your hull has two layers this allows water to flow from the front of the hull to the rear

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bilge of the boat is below the cleanout plug tray. Part of the bilge runs under the engine compartment. The hole is there to allow the water in the bilge to be pumped out if it enters the engine compartment area.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Everybody with a Yamaha has the same hole. The true bilge of the boat is under the engine compartment. It runs from the bilge plug on transom, forward to the ski locker where it drains. The pump is placed where it is for easier service, up off the bottom of the hull so it does not get plugged with any crap that is down there. Many people here add a second pump to the actual bilge below the cleanout tray, a little harder to get to. So one day, don't be alarmed if you see water in the ski locker drain that the bilge pump is not pumping, your still good. just change the angle of the hull. Either by jacking the trailer all the way up on a block of wood, gets all of it out, or driving the boat at a speed just before you get on plane when the bow is highest, the water will run aft. And if there is enough water down there it will flow back and if high enough, be picked up by the pump. I've been there. It took me a couple of threads to figure it out on my boat. https://jetboaters.net/threads/water-in-ski-locker-drain.11968/ and another different drainage issue. https://jetboaters.net/threads/rain-water-pools-at-front-of-bow-floor-while-on-the-water.14264/ this issue may have been fixed in later models, I don't hear anyone complaining about it.

Last edited:

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks for all the information. None of my past boats have had a cut out around the pump.