• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can someone tell me what the clearance is below these bottom compartments?

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey All, sorry I couldn't find an answer searching that explains what is directly below the bottoms of the rear compartments. I want to drill some holes as well as install a battery tray.

Attachments

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey All, sorry I couldn't find an answer searching that explains what is directly below the bottoms of the rear compartments. I want to drill some holes as well as install a battery tray.
Absolutly unsure being the hull has about a 17° rise underneath there. Might be able to judge it by looking in the fuel cell access hatch under the helm pad or sending a borescope in from there. I'd consider using some 5200 or 4200 to mount the battery tray and if anything, possibly 1/2" screws for the hold down straps as far inboard as possible.

Out on the Reef has a video: you'll have to access it through youtube as it no longer works from the forum link for some reason

That shows installing a fresh water washdown tank in the same compartment and it is screwed down.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Dumbassbass suggestion, I would use a piece of 3/4" King Starboard with 4200 on it an get it down nice and solid. Once fully dry then use 1/2" - 5/8" SS Screws and mount the batter boxes to that. I have used this technique in multiple areas in my boat and works like a champ.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the info. It's really hard to tell what is safe under/behind things. I wish there were some sections available to reference. Just so thankful there's a community with so many users to help!