• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 252/255 Trolling Motor Project

Scott N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m a bit confused on the mounting bracket. Do I need a quick release from Minn Kota and the Shuttleslide quick release and bracket?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just re read the posts again and it looks like you need both. The MG quick release plate attaches to the shuttle slide, and the shuttle slide attaches to the boat. @Zackdadams will have to comment for specifics.

On another note, after re reading all the posts I didn’t see any mention of a shunt to measure how much power is being consumed while the trolling motor is in use, i te read fast so I may have missed it. I installed a Victron energy Bluetooth shunt that shows; battery voltage, instantaneous amperage being used, Ah used, KWh used, SOC or state of charge, and it can measure a second batteries’ voltage only. This second battery voltage measurement is labeled start battery, obviously you can measure whatever battery you want with it, or this port can be used to measure temperature.

There is a free app you put on your phone, pad or tablet to read the aforementioned. Without this device or one like it knowing the SOC of the battery is purely guess wok. These little jewels are about $135.

Victron also makes a dash mount version.

Last edited:

Scott N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m a bit confused on the mounting bracket. Do I need a quick release from Minn Kota and the Shuttleslide quick release and bracket?
Replying to my own post. I did find a couple of older posts that helped, then I called ShuttleSlide to confirm. I was quite confused about the whole thing, but I now understand that for the 255 FSH we need both the quick release from the TM vendor (Minn Kota RT-54 in my case) and the ShuttleSlide sliding quick release mount to work. She also clarified that we need the longer 6” mounting bracket to get the reach that we need on the 255, so I am super glad that I called.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everything I installed should be listed.
Shuttleslide SS-7-UHD with BMAP-RE Plate, and Trolling Motor Quick Release Mount.

I didn't install a shunt, but it's a good idea.
I have a bluetooth one installed on my solar cargo trailer, and it's helpful.

deputyjrp55

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey, does anyone have the measurement from trolling motor mount to waterline.... ?