• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Can YDS clear codes

Boatgirl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2006 Yamaha AR230 Ho. We hooked up the YDS and it displayed a code. We fixed it. We ran another scan again and the system test shows no issues, but I still see the code on the record screen. So I was wondering if the codes showing up are from the memory of the ECM? If so how do I clear this.

Welcome aboard.

Yes, YDS can delete error codes. Here’s the instruction from the manual. If the code persist, then its likely the condition still exist. Also the tool would log when the code 1st presented itself (since it was cleared) with the engine hours, so you can tell that way if a cleared fault reappears.

Welcome aboard.

Yes, YDS can delete error codes. Here’s the instruction from the manual. If the code persist, then its likely the condition still exist. Also the tool would log when the code 1st presented itself (since it was cleared) with the engine hours, so you can tell that way if a cleared fault reappears.
Thank you for the quick response, where do I find a YDS manual to be able to read up on how to clear codes and be able to see the first date the code appeared so I can see if I’m getting new codes or if I just keep looking at the same old ones.

It will “store” codes
It should show the hours reading that the code was from

Can you do a “save” of the screen your seeing and attach it as a photo

It will “store” codes

You can also export to excel files, which will dump all the latest readings.

Thank you for the quick response, where do I find a YDS manual to be able to read up on how to clear codes and be able to see the first date the code appeared so I can see if I’m getting new codes or if I just keep looking at the same old ones.

I searched for “yds manual pdf” and this was one of the results. Don’t know if this is a reliable source to download files, so use at your own risk. You can also scroll through the PDF, and it appears the table of contents is hyperlinked to each section.

It will “store” codes

I do see it and now understand how it works. This program seams old so I am struggling 😂😂

Back