• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken jet housing below clean out hose.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, I'm new to jet boats in general and just bought a used 2006 AR230 HO. Engines ran well. Boat looks great. It was in Salt water though.
I pulled both clean out plugs. One split in half. Fixed it. Here's the problem. While inspecting the clean outs, I noticed a small metal piece sitting in the clean out tube/hose. I removed the hatch and the port hose came up with the hatch. The section the hose clamps to is shattered. Above the jet intake, below clean out hose. What is this? How do I replace it? It's next to the muffler. I'll try to get a pic.

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, that looks like it sat in salt water.

I tried looking up a part but this is all they have. there is no mention of that part

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 1.35.20 PM.png

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't even know what it's called to be able to look for it.. ?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s like it would be called the clean out port housing, it’s made of rubber right?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sadly looks like you’re going to need to find a salvage boat or fabricate something yourself to replace it being we can’t find anything on it.. I just skimmed through 500 pages of my service manual not finding it at all either..

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe that is part of the tunnel that houses the clean out lock is built into the boat and a replacement is not available at parts sources. That aluminum is corroded. Someone maybe able to weld a plug over it, no cleanout plug after, other than that, a salvaged part as said above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, I just reached out to a certain oilfield aluminum fab shop... they said the same thing.

Anyone see an issue with welding a cap or plate over the hole... other than cleaning access?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll send pics of the final... incase someone else has a similar problem later. Can't afford a salvaged parts boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think that is the metal part that actually holds the clean out plug. It’s molded into the hull, very difficult to replace. Short of that or moving everything to a different hull, I recommend you epoxy/weld/glue the clean out plug in place to get you in the water if at all possible.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say your first concern, oddly enough, is to verify and fortify (if necessary) the other one, as that will likely need replacement as well. Even if it's good, I'd look at this project as HAVING to fix both, but the better one isn't as vital, just yet.

Closing it off would turn it into the same as every other jet boat without topside access, so yes, it'll work, but how do you weld something to it without damage to the surrounding fiberglass, or having the cover plate corrode in short order as well?

As long as you're going in there, I'd look at replacement, or as @Ronnie says, Epoxy of some sort rather than welding, and go with something non-metallic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks.
I agree on doing both.
Likely weld a colar around the outside of the existing colar and seal weld it.
Then seal weld a plate on top to cap it.
Aluminum welds at low temp (relative) with less slag. A little fire blanket goes a long way too.

It'll never see Salt water as long as I own it. So if I coat the Aluminum-corrosion will be a non- issue.