• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken jet housing below clean out hose.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
if you eliminate it be sure the part you weld on the tunnel is perfect or it will be a problem you would need to close it at the bottom removing all the rest of it above and get the inner part to match the rest of the tunnel as one continuous smooth tube feeding the water to eliminate cavitation

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wonder if you could have stainless sleeves made that could be pressed in to the void and eliminate the clean out access

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I had either of those parts I would have offered them up. However, to get them I would have had to cut them out and expose myself to fiberglass dust which I wasn’t willing to do so I scrapped the hull with those still installed.

fyi the only other metal I left on that hull were the parts of the pump and plates that the drive shafts go through to the hull. Unlike the clean out plug mounts which are molded into the hull these parts are “only” glued in place.

Last edited: