• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cancer Sucks

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Posting with a heavy heart tonight. My grandmother, who's been a very special part of my life, left this world early Sunday morning. She's been battling sickness and problems over the past year and about a month ago she was diagnosed with stage 3 multiple myeloma which is bone marrow cancer. The past 3 days have been tough for our family. We had a beautiful service today to celebrate her life. It hurts me the most to see my grandfather in pain losing the love of his life for the past 58 years. They were about to celebrate 59 years in May. My wife and I got married on their 50th wedding anniversary and will always remember that day. Anyways, vent over. I just really hope someone develops a cure for cancer one day. I'm just glad I was lucky enough to have my grandmother in my life for the 34 years I did.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 so sorry for your loss. Grandmas are the best.

--

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear of your loss @MattFX4 but happy to hear that the service went well. 58 years of marriage is one heck of an accomplishment and a great example to us all.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very sorry for your loss! I have lost my two Grandmothers in the last 6 years so I know the feeling.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not much you can say at a time like this except we can only pray for your healing, and regret your loss!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very sorry to hear.. we lost a dear friend who was 36 last year to cancer.. and I lost my dad a few years back to a sudden heartattack.. I know the pain... me and my family are thinking about you and yours @MattFX4 !

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My grandmother was as special to me as she was to you. I miss her everyday. Sorry for your loss.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You will be in my prayers! Sorry for your loss and Cancer sucks. Lost my hero to lung cancer my grandfather. He earned a purple heart and stormed Normady but in his own words he said. Cancer is the hardest thing I have ever fought. He was such a bigger than life man in my eyes and it broke my heart.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Having lost someone very close recently, from bone cancer, I agree that cancer sucks. Cherish every moment you have with your family and friends, we cannot take time back.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Posting with a heavy heart tonight. My grandmother, who's been a very special part of my life, left this world early Sunday morning. She's been battling sickness and problems over the past year and about a month ago she was diagnosed with stage 3 multiple myeloma which is bone marrow cancer. The past 3 days have been tough for our family. We had a beautiful service today to celebrate her life. It hurts me the most to see my grandfather in pain losing the love of his life for the past 58 years. They were about to celebrate 59 years in May. My wife and I got married on their 50th wedding anniversary and will always remember that day. Anyways, vent over. I just really hope someone develops a cure for cancer one day. I'm just glad I was lucky enough to have my grandmother in my life for the 34 years I did.
So sorry for your great loss. My deepest condolences to you and family.

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss brother.
I lost my sister two years ago to leukemia she was only 33. Left 3 kids behind and a loving husband. It makes no sence. Am happy at least u cherished her and had time with her. Thus the reason for a major expense. My boat.
Play hard life is short.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is real hard but time will make it a little easier.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very sorry for your loss. I can still hear both of my grandmas' voices like it was yesterday. Still miss them today.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very sorry to hear of your loss and prayers coming your way. Losing my grandparents was tough, my mom, even tougher. Cancer is the unknown that troubles this time that we live in. And whats worse, because we live longer, the odds of getting it are even greater. I am in your corner and hope that a cure for this scourge is found and allowed to heal the world of it soon. Again, sorry for your loss.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 sorry for your loss, man. Y'all are right - cancer sucks. It's a mean evil. One who doesn't discriminate or care about anything.

I guess I'll share some information about myself... When I was 22, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It was stage 3, but "fear not!" they say, because Hodgkin's is the cancer to have (if you're going to have cancer). There's a widely used treatment plan, and people usually respond well. It's highly treatable and often curable. Well, not in my case. I did all the chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Things were good for a year or two, but then my cancer came back. They tried another chemotherapy plan, but once again, the cancer came back. In 2013, I had my first stem cell transplant. Ask Dr. Google for more information about stem and bone marrow transplants - otherwise this post will be even longer than it already is! They harvested my own cells, put them in a freezer, and pumped me full of poison (chemotherapy!) to kill everything - my immune system, my blood cells, but most importantly, the cancer. Once that's done, they put your stem cells back in you and the idea is they get to work rebuilding your immune system and the cancer is out of there for good. Well, once again, not in my case. So I had another stem cell transplant in 2014. My brother wasn't a match, so my donor was an unrelated male in his 20s from Germany. I have never met him, nor have I attempted to reach out to him. I do plan on doing this someday, but it's a strange and lengthy process. Lots of paperwork. With a donor, they do the same procedure - pump you full of poison until everything is dead - but this time, they put the donor's cells in. The thought is: since my original immune system sucks and doesn't know how to fight cancer, the donor's cells will rebuild and give me a new immune system that will be able to fight cancer. Good news: so far, so good! No cancer since the (2nd) transplant. It hasn't been a walk in the park, though. You can't just dump someone else's cells in you and expect everything to work with no hiccups. I've had to get all my vaccination shots and all the stuff children have to get all over again. I get sick all the time because I'm no longer immune to anything. I've also had to do some treatments and be on medication to teach the new immune system that my organs and other parts of my body are nice and we don't need to kill them since we need them.

So yeah, that's that. Those are the cards I was dealt, and I deal with it. I still live as normal of a life as I can. I've got my wife, my boat, my cars, my job, my family, my dog - you know, the same stuff you all have. Sometimes things are really crappy, or I get thrown a curveball, or I hit a big ol' speedbump. But I still try to keep a smile on my face and try to spread as much joy and happiness to people as I can. I consider myself extremely lucky. Not everyone who has had cancer or a transplant are as lucky as I am. And I know that.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. I can't wait to get out on the water and free my mind.

@vzimmer113 Man, sorry to hear about what you have gone through. It amazes me when I hear stories like yours. I don't think I would have it in me to keep fighting and moving forward if I were in your shoes. I hope the stem cell transplant holds up, and works. We banked the umbilical cord blood when my son was born 2 years ago because it is rich in stem cells. We may never need it for him, but you just never know. If it were able to save his life one day it would be worth every penny and much more.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 thanks, I hope it works too. And wait, you don't think you'd be able to keep fighting? I don't believe it at all. You have to! There are too many unconquered bodies of water left to explore!