• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Car wrecked - let the fun begin..

The whole thing happened so fast I didn't know what was going on. The thing was like a ghost deer that just appeared out of no where lol. This was my first airbag experience and it was so fast that I didn't think about them deploying just trying to get over to the side of the road quickly as there was smoke coming through the vents so wasn't sure sure if fire was a concern but it was probably just antifreeze hitting the engine or some kind of stuff from the airbags that appeared to smoke coming into the car. The seat belt did its job well though I never even hit the air bag it locked so tight I couldn't even move my body. Heck I didn't even realize till I was out of the car a lower airbag around my knees had deployed as well.

The smoke you describe is more than likely the conditioning powder used to pack with the airbag to keep out moisture etc.
@waterboy my daughter is going through the exact scenario with insurance ATM. As for injuries showing up later, she was discharged from hospital with no injury other than mild whiplash. Week later her chest still hurt, returned to hospital for X-ray to find she had broken her sternum, but I'd hope by now any other injury will of shown up. A side impact is more likely to produce a spinal sprain injury from her neck moving left to right. Hope she's all good now.

Back