• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

carbon seal? when do you guys replace?

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
i have 80 hours now on my 2019 195 with the 300. when do you guys replace your carbon seal? is there a time to do it before you have problems?

thanks

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No. The official maintenance schedule indicates to inspect it every 100 hours. That's it.

Assuming your drive shaft is properly aligned and that you're not running the engine out of water for too long, the seal should last you a long, long time.

If it starts to leak, you'll notice water start appearing in the bilge. It will NOT be catastrophic unless you have a rope in there, drive shaft alignment issue or you ran the boat tons out of water. It's a gradual thing if it happens at all.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Any thoughts on this one... First summer day out on the water with our 2019 255 Open ID Twin 200s and bilge starts to run 15- 20 seconds (only after being in motion). After reading everything on the carbon seal issue figured I would get in the engine bay and check. See pic.

PXL_20220707_211002458.jpg

All of the rust is suspect too. Is this carbon seal gone or boot is bad? Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Attachments