• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Carvana for Boats

@Farny Could most certainly be that. A lot of ways to play it. The common denominator is ease and availability and know your specific consumer base.

@Farny Could most certainly be that. A lot of ways to play it. The common denominator is ease and availability and know your specific consumer base.
Availability has been a huge issue in recent years :) a central point for a nationwide inventory is useful in that case. It may also drive prices down a smidge,
just glad I jumped on mine at the beginning of Covid!

TBH that has crossed my mind, when I am not having a great day at the office and I am day dreaming about boating. Especially at the rates some of these dealers are getting, $300-$800 ? Throw in things that can be done in a day like SeaDek Installation, Impeller changes, Prop Changes, etc. etc. And that could be a fantastic business.

People don 't have to drag their boat to you and you could also do things at their dock.

If one were to approach this, perhaps you could just specialize in Yamaha boats and keep an inventory of parts, like scuppers, trim, and a lot of things that you know go bad or get broken or need up graded and you now have parts that others have a hard time finding. Stock up on some common year mooring covers, Fins, maybe tabs, gelcoat patch for minor repair, anchor locker drains, tow valves, etc. etc. Of course the big work would go to the dealer. ........ As you can see I am annoyed and bored at work waiting for this conference call presentation to be over...... 1 more hour at least.

Hmmm tow and drop my boat off at a dealer that is 20 miles or more away and pick it up in a week or two, or schedule an appointment time on Thursday @ 3:00pm to have the oil changed and plugs changed, so I can use it on Wednesday and be ready to use it again on Friday is quite appealing....... And I can monitor the work. As I sit here I wonder why this isn't already being done all over the place.

lets team up. i'll handle the north texas area and you handle where ever you are in michigan lol

Maybe @Julian and the team can create an app for an “jetboatersvana” - like an updated marketplace section. Have both the forum on the app and jet boatvanna sales/delivery.

I think it would just deal with used boats though. At least that is the impression I got. As for the a warranty transferring, perhaps that is something that they cut a deal with dealers. Just speculation of course.
That was my first thought.

Wouldn’t this be the same as dealers just expanding their online marketing presence and maybe joining a network of dealers who sell online? Just means adding curbside delivery (I’m sure at a fee passed along to consumers) Texas Marine already operates as a network like that. As far as I know, they just don’t have a doorstep delivery. They have a water orientation to familiarize the new owner with their purchase.

A single entitly operating effectively at scale should, in theory, have significant advantages over a group of independent dealers. If not, Carvana wouldn’t exist.

Maybe @Julian and the team can create an app for an “jetboatersvana” - like an updated marketplace section. Have both the forum on the app and jet boatvanna sales/delivery.
we'll be the contractors to service team of the jetboatersvana lol

Back