• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Catfishing the Ohio River with SX190

Jetstream79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and a proud new 2020 SX190 owner. I bought this boat for my wife and young daughters comfort over a fishing boat but I would love to get out on the Ohio River for some catfishing with my daughter (We live close to Louisville Ky). I have found that there are limited if any places that rod holders could be attached and I would like to figure something out to throw a couple catfish rods in. Any SX190 owners out there who have come up with anything cheap and neat for this purpose? Thanks in advance!

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jetstream79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those look like they would work great! Do the cup holders in the swim deck area slide out pretty easy?

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I had my SX190 I installed a couple
of fishing rod holders

2BA03C76-C5A9-40F7-A4D0-72896E2A930D.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the boards.

I've got no good info for you on the road holders. I'm no fisherman.

Just wanted to say hi from right across the river in Georgetown, IN!

Jetstream79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Dan, are you able to close the bimini with these on or do you just remove them when you come off the water? I just ordered some thanks for the heads up
Yes I do, no problem at all. Comes with an Allen wrench that you can adjust positions etc... I’ll take a pic later and show you my set up.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Dan, are you able to close the bimini with these on or do you just remove them when you come off the water? I just ordered some thanks for the heads up
They will rest nice when the Bimini is down as well. If you put out the Bimini to full shade you will have to adjust the angle of the rod holders to suit your rig set up.

Attachments

Jetstream79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They will rest nice when the Bimini is down as well. If you put out the Bimini to full shade you will have to adjust the angle of the rod holders to suit your rig set up.
Yep thats perfect! We have 30 degree rod/cup holders for the rear deck but I get wake wash up the deck all the time when I come off plane so didn't want to stow rods in them while I'm underway and have them constantly get dunked in lake juice lol. These wil work perfect. Thanks!