• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cavitation/speed issues

Hat929

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,

My AR230 2006 is reaching 42.5mph and I wonder what to do about it?

The engines reaching ~10500rpm and they seems to work fine, but I can see that port engine rpm gauge is jumping to almost 11000rpm when I have full throttle, cavitation? I can also see that the coolingwater from that engine isnt that strong compare to the other.
It seems that the impeller and seals are tight but I cant spinn it freely 360, with a bit pressure it spinns 360.

I have always wondered what kind of impeller I have (they where new when I bougth the boat), can it be a reason why it has never gone over 44mph?

I`ve attach a couple of pictures, do anyone see anything strange or have any idea what the next step is?

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2720.jpeg
    IMG_2720.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2719.jpeg
    IMG_2719.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
It looks like they installed new impellers and nylon liners the clearance looks ok speed is determined by several things, not just the pump.

Ok, understood. But the problem would be somewhere in the jet unit?

The hull itself has no shells or algiers, the motor revs/spinns as it should. Any idea where I should be looking?
(I have owned the boat for 5 years and driven it about 30 hours, it has been the same since I bought it).

First thing that comes to my mind is air cleaner and fuel 30 hours in 5 years wiring connections, ground wires , plugs, plug coils compression stuck ring ,just too many things to hazard a guess but if that is all you use it and it goes 40 I would say use it and see if it gets better try one thing at a time until you find the issue

Thanks for all ideas!
The motors has new sparkplugs, oil and airfilter since last year and new cleanoutplugs this year.
When I plug in the boat to the computer it doesnt have any warnings in the computer.

Should I try to buy new original impellers?

That intake tunnel and clean out port doesn't look too good at all. That all can contribute to cavitation

Yes the tunnel looks rough. Took a new picture with the cleanout plugs inserted.

Smooth it out with new gelcoat?

Attachments

• 20240906_161314.jpg
    20240906_161314.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back