• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cavitation?

ANTHONY VENCE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hello I have a 2017 Scarab 255 impulse. It was running fine till about 2 weeks ago. At full throttle the starboard engine revs to 8k while the port eng revs to 7k and I top out at @22/23 mph. I release the throttle a tad and it kicks down to sync at 7k rpm boat has 62 hrs. Anyone else with the same issue. I noticed the starboardengine temps climbing to 216 so I backed off to 6k and both engines ran @195 degrees.

Todd W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm also interested in this one....

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You may have sucked something into the pump like a piece of plastic bag etc remember the exhaust system needs water from the pump to cool it unlike the engine that has a closed loop system.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes I have had a piece of ice bag stuck in the venture and will cause cavitation on heavy acceleration.