• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Central Ohio impeller repair recommendations?

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2006 230 High Output (1052cc) port side impeller housing is starting to growl at me, a lot more noticeable than the starboard side. Sounding like marbles in a can.... about 680 hrs on engines so far. I think the impeller bearings are needing serviced and/or replaced. I have 3 places I'm looking at to repair it, Lodders in Cincinnati , Spend-a-Day at Indian Lake and Powersports of Cleveland. Any recommendations from you guys? I'm not going to try this repair myself, so I'm looking for some professional help. I know, Sizzle Marine is 4 miles from me.....but I will not go there....doubt if they'd work on it anyway since I didn't buy it there. The place I bought it from in 06' is no longer a Yamaha dealer. Thanks for any help.

Can't help you Impelled, but I want to get a new skiing picture for you to use. See you in a few weeks.

you could also take it to a jet ski dealer and they should be able to help, I wonder if you pulled the impellers out if you could send the whole shaft/impeller assembly to impros or Island racing and let them redo everything?

@Impelled I've heard good things about lodders marine in Cincinnati. I have had a few friends use them to service their boat. The only experience I have with them personally is talking to someone from the service dept on the phone and they were very helpful. I agree with your assessment about sizzle marine.

@Impelled I've heard good things about lodders marine in Cincinnati. I have had a few friends use them to service their boat. The only experience I have with them personally is talking to someone from the service dept on the phone and they were very helpful. I agree with your assessment about sizzle marine.

I've gotten a few good reviews from Lodder's Marine service dept. Some gripes from the new boat purchase side....but I'm looking at a repair that's above my pay grade. Had Tad Steinberg look at it yesterday at Alum Creek, running, both on and out of the water. He's convinced that its the bearings in the impeller housing, probably the rear one. Gonna have the whole port side overhauled. The intermediate bearing seems good, no water leaking either....although it appears that the seal may have been over pressurized w/ grease as some has leaked out underneath the housing. A few places in the Columbus area works on the Waverunners....but they didn't make me feel confident on working on a Yamaha boat. Road trip scheduled tomorrow for Cincy....fingers crossed!

I bought my boat at Power Sports of Cleveland. I've only had minor warranty repairs done there and it was great however, they are no longer a Yamaha dealer. The dealer that took there spot (license?) is Buckeye Sports Center. They have sold Yamaha ski's for a while but there boat knowledge is limited, at least in the sales end. They have been in business a very long time and sell other boat lines as well.

Update** Lodder's did me right and got right to work on it. Impeller bearing going out on port side, so I had both side replaced. Parts ordered and boat back within a week. Hefty charge at $630 per side.....but you gotta pay to play, right? Boat running good now.

@Impelled Sizzle would have probably charged you at least $730 per side and tell you that since you didn't buy your boat from them it's probably going to take 3-4 weeks before they can get it done

We look forward to seeing you next week. Glad the boat is running well. How many hours do you have now?

Sounds like money well spent. Make sure to ask how long they will warranty the work, and after a few times out you may want to remove the cones to make sure the repair is filled only with grease and no water problems infiltration from the seals.

Buck> close to 700. Sizzle will never see my boat....I'd drive it to St. Louis first!

"F*** Sizzle!"

I never got around to making stickers and passing them out but I should!

Back