• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing 5 pin flat connector to 7 pin round...

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Someone did this and posted but I dont remember who it was. I need to change mine out so I got the following.

my question is does anyone know for sure what wires go where on the trailer?
2014 Yamaha 212x on a Factory shorelander trailer. Thanks for any and all help/ Responses.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've recently bought one similar to this one to add to your solution.

After I pick where to mount up close to the tongue of the trailer I plan on cutting the existing cable right at the plug to then terminate in the box (adjusting length as needed to keep it neat). Add the whip like the one you show and you're good to go. Also later I plan to run direct wiring to each light so I won't have to start all over as I go but rather just keep making it better when I find the time or have issues. Tinned wiring all the way.

Thanks for the great links @F.M.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did this as well on my 2015 AR240 Trailer. Unfortunately it did not have the intended affect. (I was hoping to s hut off the stupid rear parking sensors. on my 2014 F150. I've towed other 7 pin's before and the truck recognizes them and shuts it off. I could not get the same to happen on mine. It's looking for something on the brake system wire i believe and I cant find out what signal it needs. power on? a certain resistance? )

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
(I was hoping to s hut off the stupid rear parking sensors. on my 2014 F150. I've towed other 7 pin's before and the truck recognizes them and shuts it off. I could not get the same to happen on mine. It's looking for something on the brake system wire i believe and I cant find out what signal it needs. power on? a certain resistance? )
I would guess it's sensing a positive 12v on the reverse lockout actuator wire so any 12v signal there should work.

But doesn't the truck have a parking sensor temp shut off? My SUV has a silence button for when I'm backing up to or with the trailer since I disconnect the light cord when dunking the trailer in the water and use a magnetic lockout key instead.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would guess it's sensing a positive 12v on the reverse lockout actuator wire so any 12v signal there should work.

But doesn't the truck have a parking sensor temp shut off? My SUV has a silence button for when I'm backing up to or with the trailer since I disconnect the light cord when dunking the trailer in the water and use a magnetic lockout key instead.
@LukePrinsloo

I have the same problem with my ‘11 F250. Drives me crazy, as I cannot silence the alarm. All my other trailers connect fine including a small utility trailer with no brakes. Our Yukon detects the boat fine and does not sound the reverse alarm.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

For my 2014 It does, on the steeringwheel. I'm quite happy to hit it. BUT if I can wire it up correctly and there's no need to hit the button why not? You can only hit after it is in reverse and senses the boat, which usually means the buttons are upside down. as i have the wheel cranked to turn. and it turns back on EVERY key cycle.