• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing fan toggle switch

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I need to get the back wires of the toggle switch for the fan blower. What is the best way to access? Upon quick look it appeared climbing through the accesa hole where the fuse / vinyl clover with buttons is the only way....looks like a PIA.

Thanks for the help

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If it is like the 215 (I think it is), you need to access through the flip-up seat cushion, then unbutton the vinyl cover and prepare to be pretty uncomfortable for a little while.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks. Went in and did that same route this weekend to access the switch. Unfortunately the switch and fuse are both good but the fan is out again. As you said the space was uncomfortable and was hot as hell

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Another way to access the toggle switches on the instrument panel is by removing the four nuts that hold the instrument panel in place and lifting the instrument panel, obviously very carefully, to access the switches. If you take this approach, be very, very careful not to overtighten these nuts afterward, since the studs appear to be adhesively bonded to the back side of the instrument panel. I just didn’t think that I could do a decent job working on the switches through the access forward of the driver’s station. On my boat you need an 11/32” deep well socket in order to remove the instrument panel mounting nuts. In the first image, you can see the deep well socket arrangement that I used, as well as a piece of plywood that I used to lay on to make this work a bit less painful. One of the four instrument panel mounting nuts can be seen at the lower right corner of the backside of the black instrument panel with a fender washer under it. Three of the four instrument panel mounting nuts can be seen in the second image. Again, if you take this approach, be very, very careful not to overtighten these nuts afterward, since the studs appear to be adhesively bonded to the back side of the instrument panel.

Attachments