• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing house batteries location on my AR240

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Moved this post from 2016 thread hoping for more visibility:
Been a long while since I've posted. Slow to warm season this year has me starting the boat season late.
So I am moving my three house batteries over to the Starboard rear where the water bags would go if I had them (they will be most of the way back along the side (as far as I could reach to mount the battery trays). I'm also moving the starting battery further back along the Port side where it comes from the factory and want to only use 2 battery cut-offs without the additional VSR stuff.
What I'm wondering is: If I modify (move/separate/etc..) my cutt-off switches am I going to get any codes or alarms about voltage issues? Are there any little wires I have not seen yet that are crucial?

Update: Batteries moved. Cut-off switches are single units, one for the starting bank and one for the House bank. No VSR, and no Parallel switch. Engines start up perfectly however no RPM gauges and Connext never starts. So with the engines off I started Connext with the SysCtl button without issue then fired up one engine, RPM gauge working and Connext still running no problem. However, starting engine #2 (does not matter the sequence of which engine first or last) shuts Connext off and the RPM gauge that was working. Engines keep running without a hiccup.
Only wire I was unsure of was the one small 14-16 gauge wire that jumps between the house battery bank cables right next to the cutoff switch. I kept that in place. It's basically a bridge between the cutoff input/output which I think is weird.
Any thoughts on what I may have missed or what generally causes Connext to not start with the engines? Obviously I missed something. Still have many accessory wires to reroute and maybe I'll come across some critical wire, I dunno.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some pics of the changes I'm making and hoping someone may see something glaringly missing? Look closely at the house battery disconnect and you'll see the small wire from the factory I kept bridging the 2 cables.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No replies on this mystery but I'll update it anyway:
On another thread I asked "how do the stators charge the batteries"
With some of the great replies and help on that thread I decided to re-install the DVSR between the starting and house BEP's. Doing that solved my issue entirely. Now everything works again normally.
Still not sure why, but I am guessing it was related to the ECM and it perhaps not seeing what it needed to see when both engines are running. Not sure. But both banks charge and everything works again, so I'm happy. Would I do the mod again? Absolutely. Would I take more pic prior? Absolutely. Really opened up my under-seat storage and added 200 amp hours to the house bank (total of 600 now, 300 usable) Can't wait to see how she sits in the water with the batteries pushed further back with 3 on one side and 1 on the other.
Also since the center (load) battery on the house bank is so far back in the hull (can barely reach it leaning in), I added remote terminals for convenience. This pic is prior to everything being completed, but you get the idea. This shot is taken looking back from the captain's chair into the under-seat storage. Just to the right out of the pic is where you'd see the ECM or whatever that box is with the harness.

20180618_174759.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see you got it all sorted out! Keep us posted on how it handles now

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure will, thanks Neutron!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry for the lack of replies @rsg1963 but wasn't something I could have helped you with anyway haha. Good luck.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All good, guys. I don't expect folks to chime-in just to fill space, I was just surprised this gathered -zero- replies. :)
So I had her on the lake for 4 days last week. She sits nearly perfect in the water now with about a 1" dip on the Starboard side (opposite by over 2" of how she was prior) for a total of about a 3.5" correction.
Double bonus is a better (far deeper and slightly longer) 1st and 2nd wake @ 12-14mph which is great for me to jump on my stand-up! Woot!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice, more power and more weight where you need it.