• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chap is the fastest of the the 24' jetboats (tested by Boattest)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would want a demo in the other boat at altitude to get a apples to apples comparison, aren't they going to suffer from the altitude also?
Possibly, although I think the Rotax engines being supercharged may make the altitude change less noticeable, but I can't verify?

I'm at 4,500' El and with the ribbon delete and a loaded boat I top out in the upper 40's. It's the top end the suffers, performance is great in every other aspect. Still a higher top speed than most any wake boat. Even with less power the acceleration difference between the two boats is still marginal in comparison due to the weight difference between them.

I'm still holding out for the day Yamaha puts twin SVHO's in the 24ft boats, it only makes sense if they change the pump volume to match what they've done in the supercharged 195's. There's just not enough volume to make it efficient in its current design, I think all it would do is burn more fuel... maybe I'd see a bigger difference being at elevation?

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Answer: "Every boat in the line up."
That looks like a better design then in the past. I can see where that would be good to go and hold with no problems. Thanks for the video on the new cap design. Im thinking about their 24ft
242 Limited S E‑Series model. I wish they had a 25ft or 26ft model.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see if Bombardier puts a bigger motor and maintenance free supercharger in their 2019. I'd like to get a Chap with a bigger motor (maybe bigger boat too) and maintenance free SC but then I'd worry about being the guinea pig with the new model/engine the first year or two out. I'm never satisfied!

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see if Bombardier puts a bigger motor and maintenance free supercharger in their 2019. I'd like to get a Chap with a bigger motor (maybe bigger boat too) and maintenance free SC but then I'd worry about being the guinea pig with the new model/engine the first year or two out. I'm never satisfied!
Yes I like the Chaps too and the enclosed cooling but worry about good service from them and how many dealers for service for them. Seems to
be more service places for Yamahas even though Im not crazy about cooling with saltwater here in Florida. I know flushing after every run like I did with my outboards which were all Yamaha plus saltfree flush too. Just not sure about running them in Saltwater.
I see Scarab has come out with a 25ft model and wonder if the other will follow.....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most modern Seadoos share your motor. Same service guy could work on it. ( Not that they will, but they could)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the topic of closed and open cooling, come to find out, the Rotax in the Chaps, Glastron, and Scarabs are in reality both. Closed loop (antifreeze) in the engine and open loop for the exhaust. It was discussed in the comments of the same topic on the jetboaters Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/jetboaters/permalink/979094435577614/).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still holding out for the day Yamaha puts twin SVHO's in the 24ft boats, it only makes sense if they change the pump volume
...and change the fuel tank volume.
It would need to twice the size, otherwise the range at WOT would be... ridiculous.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a better design then in the past. I can see where that would be good to go and hold with no problems. Thanks for the video on the new cap design. Im thinking about their 24ft
242 Limited S E‑Series model. I wish they had a 25ft or 26ft model.
I must tell you, at 24' those yammies are surprisingly spacious. For a family bow rider, of course.

The BRP motor always sounded better to me, I think it has something to do with the 3 vs 4 cylinder harmonics, but in yamaha favor - they are ahead in soundproofing, at least as of the last MY. That is very important - to test ride and experience, these boats a stupid loud and are not for everybody.

The BRP cooling is enclosed - but only for the engine block, the exhaust is still raw water cooled and therefore still vulnerable in salt.

--

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I like the Chaps too and the enclosed cooling but worry about good service from them and how many dealers for service for them. Seems to
be more service places for Yamahas even though Im not crazy about cooling with saltwater here in Florida. I know flushing after every run like I did with my outboards which were all Yamaha plus saltfree flush too. Just not sure about running them in Saltwater.
I see Scarab has come out with a 25ft model and wonder if the other will follow.....
I also like the enclosed cooling. All I can tell you if you're concerned about service is Fishtale (sells Chaps) on US 41 in Ft. Myers and they have outstanding service department. I can tell you this from several years of experience and purchasing boats through the. I am not affiliated with them in any way other than being a very satisfied customer.