• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral 243 Vortex - First Service

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I forgot to check over the weekend, but I'm guessing that I'm under 40 still.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I forgot to check over the weekend, but I'm guessing that I'm under 40 still.
That's a really odd time then for a maintenance reminder to pop! I have them on now for my 25 hour and they came in when the engines turned over 24 hours

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My exact thoughts regarding the dip stick.
Just curious, why do you need an inverted torx socket for the oil filters? Are they held in place with a supplemental screw or bracket?
It is for the bolt head of the bolt holding the filter cap on.
image.jpeg

ljn21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does anyone have a link to the videos showing how to/procedure for changing the oil? My 2430 has the twin 250hp engines.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Does anyone have a link to the videos showing how to/procedure for changing the oil? My 2430 has the twin 250hp engines.
Just Google oil change Sea Doo 4 tec... There is a good video put out by sbt. All same procedure as your boat. It's easy but will need a couple tools.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
watch these 2. Great info in both.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you have Facebook, find us at Chaparral Vortex Boat Owners Group. There was a guy that put a video no too long ago about changing the oil on a Vortex. VERY informative step by step.