• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral opens new factory to respond to jet boat demand

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's great news, @SCSTWG

I wonder how much longer the Chap dealers will continue bashing jet boats...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great news for the Jet Boat market.

Here is a similar release about Yamaha's 2015 expansion which is 1/4th the square feet but 2.5 times the employees.

https://news.tn.gov/node/13335

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting news. The "bashing" thing is funny. It seemed like when the jets were announced, the folks on the Chap forum were pretty universally anti-jet. More recent posts tend to indicate that they're getting their minds wrapped around the concept that these are/can be great boats and are not oversized toys. I will say that I spent some time crawling around the 223 at the boat show and came away very impressed. Nice boat! I'd love to have one with the twin 200s, the tower and the surf platform. Having just had to clear a pump on my Yamaha after sucking up a chunk of floating wood, though, I continue to be leery of the lack of clean out access.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They look like great boats! I'm sure it will help keep the industry healthy.

When manufacturers compete for your money they tend to sharpen a pencil or two so it could also bode well for buyers.

I just hope we have enough water out here to float some boats! :eek:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They certainly look nice but I have to agree, their side of not needing the clean out port they must not have ever used them on man made lakes with wood debris. Last 2 outings I had to dislodge a small hunk of wood from my impeller, I got to stay dry doing it, that is an impossibility for the other brands. My son has a Sea Doo (same BRP motor and driveline) At first I liked the idea of a plastic wear ring until in 1 and a half seasons he has had to replace it 6 times already. It gets wiped out from rope or anything like that. The concept is good but the execution is lousy in that aspect. He is seriously thinking about trading it in for a Yamaha Jet Ski due to that. I do however love the closed loop cooling. That is high on the importance level fro any boat that will see saltwater IMHO.