• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Chapparal VRX Starting issue (Electrical)

Glassicboats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm having issues with a twin engine (Rotax 1503) Chapparal. I have great testing knowledge but have no diagrams and cannot find any online so I'm hoping someone can help.

Systems will power up, (Fuel pumps, Dash etc) Which rules out Key switch, Lanyard, as when pulled will kill everything. Neutral safety ruled out as we have power on Yellow/red all the way back to the main harness in engine room.
The problem is when I push the start buttons nothing. That is the yellow/red that I traced out above. Switches are fine and power back to both sides of main harness.
Starter solenoid is where the issue is. There is power on the batt cables. But no power on the energize plug when button is pushed. There is a fuse in the block (Both sides) labeled Starter Sol but it has no power on either side of the fuse so that circuit is dead and likely the problem.

So I know the issue to a degree but without a diagram I would have to cut A LOT of wire loom and tape to trace out. The only thing in a service manual I see is "If the solenoid circuit fails... Repair and retest. (LOL) I DID hook up a remote start button and tested. Yes it spins. So I need to figure out the circuits on the two energize circuits for the solenoids if anyone can help. Much appreciated.

Have you checked the relays? Pretty common problem if not.

Back