• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ChargerGuy.com

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont think it is about having a better design. It may be about safety or some sort of UL code. That is just a guess. Personally I would rather hard connect them to a battery so they are secure rather than having them bounce around with tape on them. If you get a minn kota, and you can double up the leads on a battery, I would suggest it because it would be more secure. I have sold many minn kota chargers in the past. They are decent.

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks all, just starting to look at doing this for my boat so I don't have to keep putting charger on when we get home to make sure it is ready for next trip..

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking at something like this that will charge AGM in case I upgrade batteries. PROMARINER PROSPORT 20 GEN 3 20 AMP-2 BANK BATTERY CHARGER....was looking at the three bank until i noticed it didn't charge AGM or ProMariner PRO-52026 ProTourn. 240 Elite 24A, 3 Bank Charger

Last edited:

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Purplebeast Prosports will charge AGM with no problem. You just need to select the type.
Where are you seeing that they do not charge AGM?

FYI I am out right now, but when I get them the 3 bank prosport gen 3 is about $105 from me.
thanks!
Jason

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ChargerGuy : I'm starting to do some research on which charger makes the most sense and saw what you had to offer.

My question was around what is the difference between the ProMar1 and ProSport series chargers from ProMariner? I was hoping their site would have a nice side by side compare of their different levels of chargers to show the differences, but I couldn't find one out there. So hoping you can shed some light to a newbie to battery chargers.

Also can you recommend an onboard waterproof charger for 2 group 24 lead-acid batteries?

Thanks in advance!

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think in their description: Digital LED Display and Battery Type Selector
LED indicators for Charging, Conditioning and Auto Maintain modes in addition to
AC power and selected battery type (2 charge profiles to choose from with a 3rd high
performance AGM HP profile on the ProSport20 Dual only).

Unless I am reading that last line wrong.. sounds on the deal..let me know when you get some!

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RightStuff
If you over think it, it will just drive you nuts. It's like trying to figure out if your friends likes coke or pepsi for your big party tonight. In the end, it really wont matter because they will drink it anyway. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the promar1 for your batteries. You have common batteries in a common setup (assuming two starters).

Personally I like the prosport gen 2 or 3 better. They support multiple battery types, lead acid, agm, gel. Promar 1 is limited to lead acid or gel. The prosport gen 3 uses pulse tech, which is a newer way to charge batteries.

Net result? Really you would not notice the difference in the end when charging and maintaining two starter batteries with either charger. Likely they are full anyway so this is about maintaining, mostly, and both do that just fine. If you are fishing every day and these were group 31 AGM trolling batteries, different story, get the prosport or protournament.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Purplebeast
AGM HP is High Performance. These are $500-$1000 HP AGM Batteries for your $150k yacht. For your every day $200 AGM, any prosport will work.

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok..gotcha..lol..we getting all kinds of good info..hope not bothering you too much..thx again..let me know when you get the prosport...

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No worries and not at all. It is what I do.