• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston to Myrtle Beach

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Supposed to take delivery of my new Scarab 215 July17th in Charleston SC. I will be on vacation with my family at Myrtle Beach. My thinking is to take the boat on its shakedown cruise from Charleston up the Intercoastal to Myrtle. Anyone made that trip?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Supposed to take delivery of my new Scarab 215 July17th in Charleston SC. I will be on vacation with my family at Myrtle Beach. My thinking is to take the boat on its shakedown cruise from Charleston up the Intercoastal to Myrtle. Anyone made that trip?
I haven't made the trip but I bet @robert843 probably has done that trip. Making that trip would be one way to get a lot of hours on the boat during the break in period.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jet set Yes made that run a few time. Its about 3-4 hours with no wake zones maybe more depending on where your going in Myrtle Beach and what speed your cruising at (We usually run in the 30-35 mph range.) Its a nice trip your mid point refueling stop if need or wanted would be Mcclelanville but I always recommend a stop there if your going by as it an old shrimping village and dolphins hang out in the channel there they will literally swim right up to the boat. My profile picture with the dolphin next to the boat was taken there last summer we had three of them just swim up to the boat and hang out with us. Bring a gps as the intercoastal can be a little tricky to follow in a few areas on the trip once you get around Mcclelanville as there are a bunch of channels that spit off with not a lot of markers.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@robert843 thanks for the info. I will leaving from Ashey river and docking at the grande dunes marina in MB. for the week. Where do you boat around there.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jet set that trip will probably be about 3.5-4 hours. Marina Inn has a nice marina. It is kind of between everything in the waterway. We are the type of boaters who run to the islands and hang out for the day so we usually go to Bird Island, Sandy Island, or Shell Island. The closest one of these to you is Bird Island if you head North on the water way its about 15-20 miles north.

Attachments

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I actually grew up in Briarcliff acres there and graduated from myrtle Beach high school in 83. My wife and I have an oceanfront house there and my mother lives in little river. I'm just gonna dock it at Grand dunes so I don't have to deal with slips while I'm there. (more time to run). I plan on hitting those islands when im out cruisin.As i recall, that stretch between hwy 9 bridge and little river is a hot, ditch till you turn the corner and get some ocean breeze. Worth it though.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah once you get passed pawley's it's like that the whole way up. The worst part of the trip from marina inn is the area you mentioned it like a 5 mile no wake zone from main st NMB till you clear little river it kind of sucks. The weekend your comming up is the weekend after the Bimini trip if we are recovered enough from that trip we will prob be out I will let you know. Also every year I do run up the river in charleston to the locks and lake Marion and Moutrie below is the video from this year there was some talk about doing it again later this year not sure if that will pan out yet but I will def do it again in May of next year if your interested in joining.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 We finally have our SX240 home now, so y'all please keep us in mind if y'all do another trip in that area. We're jus west of Brunswick Ga. Got to late on us to try going to Bimini but definitely next yr.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ACrews We will i have some friends around the beach that couldn't make this trip when we went in May so we may do it again at the end of the summer. You still got three weeks to prep for Bimini you can get it done lol. Enjoy the new boat sir and will keep you posted.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 We almost started to attempt it, but don't have passports, & mainly still trying to figure out the best GPS & where/how to mount it, etc. But we're definitely ready to get away for a trip.