• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chartplotter Flush Install

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have an Axiom 7 DV. Ran it for 2 years without the transducer and it works just fine as a chartplotter only. Finally installed the fish finder earlier this year as my son was showing interest in fishing. It is nice having a 2nd depth finder and temp sensor, although somewhat redundant with Connext. I've played with the fish finder/down vision some, more so on unfamiliar lakes to see what the bottom looked like, but haven't used it much otherwise. Granted I'm not a big fisherman myself.

If I recall correctly when I bought mine there was a nominal cost difference with the transducer so it was worth getting it anyway. I've already had the factory transducer go bad and be replaced under warranty. If it goes bad again I likely won't spend the $500 to replace it now that I'm out of warranty, and just use the Axiom for depth and temp.
Yeah we don't do any fishing at the moment. I used to do a lot of fishing growing up, and never really felt fish finders helped much. Granted they weren't as fancy as what we have available now. I think the different is like $100 without the transducer.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Measured everything out. Plenty of room for an axiom 7 and hydrophase ridesteady next to it. Plenty of room behind it too. Didn't get pics of that. Was already tired of sweating out of every pore getting the boat ready for tomorrow. 20200808_105539.jpg20200808_105506.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep I ended up getting mine on Amazon after ordering from another suppler that never shipped it. Had to fight with them and dispute it on AMEX. Price on amazon was within $10 of the cheapest I found. I got it with no Transducer but did get it with the Navionics SD Card. We are going to the Keys in two weeks to go house hunting. I'll be brining the boat. Can't wait!
There’s a park in Islamorada on the right side as you go south it’s a great place to drop in your boat if you like the upper keys. If you’re looking to move there it’s paradise. If you just looking to boat there it pays to stick your boat high and dry in an inside marina and just stay in a hotel when you’re down there I do it for a week a month between November and April I have contemplated buying a house and ran the numbers 20 times it’s just not worth it. LaJolla resort in lslamarada has docks and is on the water. Great place to stay and keep your boat while you’re there.