• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chasing a ghost!!!

200 is way to hot........sounds like a blockage in a water passage. My 1.8 engines run around 135 to 140 in that area of the block/exhaust manifold.

200 is way to hot........sounds like a blockage in a water passage. My 1.8 engines run around 135 to 140 in that area of the block/exhaust manifold.
Isn't 170 - 210 normal for a fresh water engine?

For a car yes, 190 to 210. 220 even for a car is getting over heated. For a boat engine that’s pulling in raw water that’s 60-90 degrees depending on time of year and where you live, 140-170 is probably a normal running temperature

My engines on my I/O Merc's in the past ran 170 stats.....the Yamaha 1.8 are running vary cool on my boat, I can't find a temp higher than 145 with my digital infrared gun.(I have done a test on the gun for accuracy) just below exhaust manifolds(on Block) 135, the exhaust manifolds are 120/125 the water flows up the exhaust manifolds from the jet pump(cool raw water) then flows into block around cyls and exits through the thermostats housing host the dumps above the jet pump in the aft of the hull This is my highest temp 145 the exhaust exit port 140. I temped 12 different areas on both engines and see temps from 120/145. I wrote these down in my service book for future bench marks, to track water jacket temp as debris might start to clog water passages.

I'm going to pull thermostats housing to to make sure my stats are in their(it is a used boat) never can tell what previous owner or dealer has done.

Back