• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mikeybagzz94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2013 242 limited S

I have a CEL code that keeps going off
201 (spn 3050) and I can’t find and information on what this code means. Anyone else ever have this issue before or any insight on this?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you post a picture of the display?

Mikeybagzz94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you post a picture of the display?
I’m heading over to get on her today and I will take a photo. I originally had an oxygen sensor (post cat) in and I found the exhaust disconnect due to clamps that were broken. Fixed all the exhaust piping issues, changed out the o2 sensor (code cleared on its own) then after about an hour or two in I received another check engine light. Went to the tachometer engine diagnostics and this new code popped up. Will follow up with picture

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha & Deja Vu...exact same thing going on here. Received Trouble Code for O2 Sensor, (post Cat Converter), replaced, received Check Engine again, Trouble Code stated SPN 0. Last week started, all day no Check Engine. Today Check Engine again and getting either Check Engine Trouble Code SPN 0, no Check Engine at all and finally Check Engine and Trouble Code 201 (SPN3050)

20200809_121244 6x4 x72.jpg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK, I just found out the Code - Yamaha Trouble Code 201 3050 .JPG

Catalytic Converter...

Zmusclow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2013 242 LS also and just got this code over the weekend. I replaced all 4 oxygen sensors this spring. Did you ever resolve your issue? I am not trying to spend $1,000 on a catalyst if I don’t have to!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

The answer is both yes and no. After replacing the O2 sensor back in 2020 all seemed well - no codes. But again this year I'm back replacing the same O2 sensor as before (due here this week). The troubling thing about these boats engine management systems/codes is that the display only displays 1 code at a time and may have others stacked up behind it that you don't know about until you solve the first one. Frustrating.

Zmusclow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aloha,

The answer is both yes and no. After replacing the O2 sensor back in 2020 all seemed well - no codes. But again this year I'm back replacing the same O2 sensor as before (due here this week). The troubling thing about these boats engine management systems/codes is that the display only displays 1 code at a time and may have others stacked up behind it that you don't know about until you solve the first one. Frustrating.
Thanks for the info, I read a post on another forum about the 201 code. The guy said his down stream o2 sensor was a little loose and that caused the code. I was able to tighten mine (not a whole lot). I’ll post back here if the code clears after a few cycles, might be a week or so depending on when I get out next.