• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine Light. Revs limited to 2k - 2017 AR190 - stuck on the water.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This.

In looking, the $400+ reader is all that's available, it seems, which is steep for my diagnostic needs. I'm not having issues though, so it's a bit tougher pill to swallow. If I were having issues, that cost might be a steal, compared to the dealership service cost, and me being leery to use them
Same. It's expensive, but I've never regretted buying tools. Especially for brands I know I'll be around for awhile.

I've had VAG-COM for Audi/VW interface for almost a decade now. It was expensive when I initially bought it, but I use it a few times a year, and it saves a dealership or indo shop visit for simple maintenance. I'm guessing CanDoo Pro is going to be similar.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its dumb that you can't just pull the code from the screen... Especially with the codes clearing easily.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its dumb that you can't just pull the code from the screen... Especially with the codes clearing easily.
What's weird is that I can get to the code screen within the tach, however it doesn't show any codes. This is while it's ACTIVELY sounding the alarm. I've checked again afterwards and there are no codes stored after the alarm has silenced itself either.

The "best" (Is it best really?) case here is that I get a scan tool over the winter, and then it does this again in the spring and I can scan it while it's actively alarming. Until then, it's all a guess, unfortunately.

It feels like a bad ground issue honestly, although I have checked everything I can find with no issues.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds to me like it’s time to trade up to a 25 footer. 👍
I mean, you're not wrong. That is on the radar currently as well.

The bigger question is if I can convince the wife that we need a 255FSH over the AR250 she has in mind. Either way we'll likely go a few years used. I don't like the new hulls storage or helm areas on the "less than premium" boats.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's weird is that I can get to the code screen within the tach, however it doesn't show any codes. This is while it's ACTIVELY sounding the alarm. I've checked again afterwards and there are no codes stored after the alarm has silenced itself either.

The "best" (Is it best really?) case here is that I get a scan tool over the winter, and then it does this again in the spring and I can scan it while it's actively alarming. Until then, it's all a guess, unfortunately.

It feels like a bad ground issue honestly, although I have checked everything I can find with no issues.
Do you have two batteries? If so, how are the grounds tied together?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have two batteries? If so, how are the grounds tied together?
Just a single battery. The battery is from early 2017 when we bought the boat. No idea what the date code is on it though. Might even be older than that. No starting or capacity issues yet.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a single battery. The battery is from early 2017 when we bought the boat. No idea what the date code is on it though. Might even be older than that. No starting or capacity issues yet.
Newer electronics like new fresh batteries. Your battery may be causing the issues with its age. I’ve seen new batteries cause issues when working on police cars. Change it out and problems go away.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Newer electronics like new fresh batteries. Your battery may be causing the issues with its age. I’ve seen new batteries cause issues when working on police cars. Change it out and problems go away.
Yea, I get that. I'll probably replace it over the winter even though it's still performing well otherwise. I've clearly gotten my use out of it.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya old batteries might be holding a charge fine or test fine but internally could have issues