• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check this out!

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks like a great time, just go ahead and hit the dock now that way you get it over with and you'll be less tense about it,

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice pics!!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very awesome! Pick it up on a Friday and on the water on Saturday.....Now THAT's the way to do it! :winkingthumbsup"

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ask the kids what they think about the boat and post their comments...... I will bet you have ascended to hero status! lol!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats is fantastic!!!! And btw I am jealous, my boat is still in the garage.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@primedoc What are those strange items covering all of your bodies? Lol

Glad to see the sun is making a comeback for y'all! It was 88 here today but I need to get my pumps installed so we can enjoy the great outdoors.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like everybody is having fun!!! Congrats.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
looks like a great time, just go ahead and hit the dock now that way you get it over with and you'll be less tense about it,
No fins yet, crosswind blowing about 10-15mph. I my blood pressure and heart rate went up...felt like taking off and landing a 747. Thought I never would get it back on the trailer. Must have taken 7 or 8 runs at it. And that was with the new Veve trailer guides that I installed this morning. I NEED FINS BADLY!

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try not to oversteer. 9 out of 10 times it's not the wind or current but over steering because you don't see the bow move right away like you do in an I/O. You'll get the feel for it and be driving like a pro! Always try to point the bow into the wind or current, even slightly will help.

jaybro72

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would wait on the fins for a while. try to get to know your boat first, than decide on the fins. I run finless and love it

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or, just float it on.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No fins yet, crosswind blowing about 10-15mph. I my blood pressure and heart rate went up...felt like taking off and landing a 747. Thought I never would get it back on the trailer. Must have taken 7 or 8 runs at it. And that was with the new Veve trailer guides that I installed this morning. I NEED FINS BADLY!
Did you notice the throttle lever detent between neutral and forward and neutral and reverse? This is the "TDE" or Thrust Directional Enhancer position. My wife will usually click on the no wake +1 mode and click between TDE forward and Neutral if she needs a little more thrust than idle while putting it back on the trailer. But she uses the shift lever to "burst" the thrust if that makes any sense. (TDE Forward, then Neutral, repeat as needed).

http://www.yamahaboats.com/innovation/design watch the optimized control and maneuverability video there and they briefly touch on it. I use idle or no wake 1 when I need it. Adding the Thrust vectors also helped.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree on the waiting for fins. I was certain I needed fins the first time out too. Now I can put it exactly where I want it and I feel I have more flexibility without them.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try not to oversteer. 9 out of 10 times it's not the wind or current but over steering because you don't see the bow move right away like you do in an I/O. You'll get the feel for it and be driving like a pro! Always try to point the bow into the wind or current, even slightly will help.
I knew that I was oversteering and couldn't seem to help / prevent myself from doing it. The wind was coming from my 8 to 7 o'clock and I was between two concrete docks so I had to get a "feel" for the wind drift (is that a term) and sort of fly by the seat of my pants. I finally aimed the center of the bow at the left fender, got the speed just right and kind drifted right in place. I was very lucky in that there were several rigs parked at the ramp but there wasn't a soul there to witness that debacle!

On another note, I have the porta-poti (just not installed yet) and needed it badly today! There is a hilarious story here, but my wife made me promise not to tell it. I'll wait a week then share it. LOL

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh boy ports pottie stories...can't wait...
:confused:

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the
On the way.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice!!! Congrats on that new boat!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Try getting on a trailer with an exciter on a river and a wind! It's not fun at all!
sometimes I can get it perfect and land it one shot. Othertimes I would get close and then just do it with a rope and by hand.
Luckily we don't usually hit the river and we got a bigger boat with tv xls