• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Check this out!

Was the view better from the inside?

I recommend you get some fins now, this way you and your wife will get the hang of them / more responsive slow speed steering now (before the first time either of you "kisses" the dock). Get some that are adjustable so that you can essentially go / experiment going finless later. They may also help you both get on the trailer faster/ in less attempts.

If you want to practice without fear of damage, consider tossing a ball or vest in to the water and maneuver around it at low speed. That is pretend it's the dock or a downed tuber (family member), pull up along side of it (both sides) and back into it instead of just trying to intercept it straight on.

I find the trick is to increase your speed to compensate for the wind and currents. I then rely on reverse to slow down once you are in contact with the trailer. Also, leaving a little more of the trailer out of the water helps to center and guide the boat. It gets easier with time.

I generally keep just idle speed but will adjust my throttles to posture the boat onto the trailer. example wind coming from starboard side I will cut back a bit on my starboard throttle. Just take her out for some low speed practice away from docks and so forth. Find a bouy of someone's mooring ball and treat it as a dock..You will be amazed how agile and precise you can get with these boats.

Quartering tailwind...thats a worst case scenario...if you can land that, you can land them all. Only way to do it is to be aggressive with it or the wind/waves have their way with you without lubrication! Fins help in that situation because they give you more immediate steering results, but you can do it without it with more practice. Glad you had fun and waiting for the pottitails!

I just let my kid load it up now.... lol! (not!)

Back