• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chevy and GMC pickups and SUV’s

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That’s frightening

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I received this notice for my 2017 Yukon, not the same problem.

GM Recall #:[/B]
  • N192217410
  • Transport Canada Recall #:[/B]
    [*]19989

• Date Issued:
  • Jun 27, 2019

Recall Title:
Reduction in Vacuum Brake Assist – Canada Only
Recall Description:
General Motors has approved a safety recall in Canada for certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD, GMC Sierra LD, Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, and GMC Yukon vehicles, that, in some circumstances, may have a condition in which the engine-mounted mechanical vacuum pump output may decrease over time, decreasing the amount of vacuum/power brake assist. If the vacuum level drops, customers may experience increased brake pedal effort, hard brake pedal, and/or potentially increased stopping distance. The Driver’s Information Centre (DIC) “Service brake assist” alert will activate 2-5 minutes after the vacuum level drops, and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will also be set. Even where this condition occurs, the hydraulic brake system remains functional. The condition is more prevalent at low speed when softly applying the brakes. Failure to follow recommended oil change intervals could contribute to this condition.
Safety Risk Description:
If the vacuum level drops, customers may experience increased brake pedal effort, hard brake pedal, and/or potentially increased stopping distance. The subject vehicles are equipped with a secondary, hydraulic power brake assist system that activates to provide power assist to the brakes if applicable vacuum drops. At all times, the brakes remain functional and exceed applicable regulatory requirements and GM’s internal requirements. The condition is more prevalent at low speed when softly applying the brakes.
Repair Description:
Dealers are to reprogram the electronic brake control module (EBCM).
Customer Action:

Part Availability:

Recall Status:
INCOMPLETE

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received this notice for my 2017 Yukon, not the same problem.

GM Recall #:[/B]

• N192217410

• Transport Canada Recall #:[/B]
      [*]19989

• Date Issued:

• Jun 27, 2019
Recall Title:
Reduction in Vacuum Brake Assist – Canada Only
Recall Description:
General Motors has approved a safety recall in Canada for certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD, GMC Sierra LD, Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, and GMC Yukon vehicles, that, in some circumstances, may have a condition in which the engine-mounted mechanical vacuum pump output may decrease over time, decreasing the amount of vacuum/power brake assist. If the vacuum level drops, customers may experience increased brake pedal effort, hard brake pedal, and/or potentially increased stopping distance. The Driver’s Information Centre (DIC) “Service brake assist” alert will activate 2-5 minutes after the vacuum level drops, and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will also be set. Even where this condition occurs, the hydraulic brake system remains functional. The condition is more prevalent at low speed when softly applying the brakes. Failure to follow recommended oil change intervals could contribute to this condition.
Safety Risk Description:
If the vacuum level drops, customers may experience increased brake pedal effort, hard brake pedal, and/or potentially increased stopping distance. The subject vehicles are equipped with a secondary, hydraulic power brake assist system that activates to provide power assist to the brakes if applicable vacuum drops. At all times, the brakes remain functional and exceed applicable regulatory requirements and GM’s internal requirements. The condition is more prevalent at low speed when softly applying the brakes.
Repair Description:
Dealers are to reprogram the electronic brake control module (EBCM).
Customer Action:

Part Availability:

Recall Status:
INCOMPLETE
I got that same one on my 2015 GMC Sierra Friday.

Haven't heard about the wheel speed sensor yet.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, those are two different issues. My 2018 Denali was not a part of the second one, but my buddies 2016 actually experienced the brake fade. He would hit the brakes to find that it nearly didn't stop.

Needless to say, the dealer had no issues getting him in right away for the needed programming. It literally was a reflash.

If you have vehicle that you are unsure if it falls into either of these, have your dealer run the VIN, or hit up the MyGMC app for info.

Good luck!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, those are two different issues. My 2018 Denali was not a part of the second one, but my buddies 2016 actually experienced the brake fade. He would hit the brakes to find that it nearly didn't stop.

Needless to say, the dealer had no issues getting him in right away for the needed programming. It literally was a reflash.

If you have vehicle that you are unsure if it falls into either of these, have your dealer run the VIN, or hit up the MyGMC app for info.

Good luck!
My '04 Audi did the same thing. Had a vacuum pump on the engine that would literally vibrate a fitting loose over time. Would usually lose brakes in a shopping center or similar where you would do several brake applications while idling around. never hurt anything, but the pedal would get rock hard, and require SIGNIFICANT amounts of leg muscle to get the car stopped. $3 part, and 10 minutes to change. Took the dealership two days to figure it out the first time (under warranty), and I got about 15 other new parts along the way.....Unrelated to this issue other than was a brake lose scenario.

So far my '15 hasn't exhibited either problem with 86k on the clock.