• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CJS Ultimate + JBP Lateral Thruster (side force stabilizers)

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked up my lateral thrusters and notice they use the same mounting bolt as the ultimate side force stabilizers.

Would I just mount the LT's under them or would I remove the side force thrusters?

2012 ar240

It is not recommended that you use the Lateral Thrusters in conjunction with any other product that utilizes the lower pivot point of the deflector nozzle.

Understood will. I didn't realize they both used the same bolt. I spoke with CJS and he is sending me a set of different brackets to free the bolt up for the lateral thrusters.

Understood, thanks for your business.

Understood will. I didn't realize they both used the same bolt. I spoke with CJS and he is sending me a set of different brackets to free the bolt up for the lateral thrusters.
Can you share a photo of the updated bracket? Where did it mount if not using lower bolt?

Against all recommendation I installed using the lower bolt. Used 50mm bolt and two extra washers. Everything fits and works just fine. It was a brief pain to line up, but seems to be working very nice and solid.

My CJS is fixed, but uses the bottom bolt to hold a stabilizer. (If I'm using the terminology correctly)

Last edited:
Cool I had no doubt that would work however I avoided that for several reasons. I offer alternate side force stabilizers that do not share that bolt position . The ones I offer for the early style nozzles use 2 small bolts to secure it to the nozzle, the bolts will cause no harm nor will they interfere with the nozzle function. They were actually the very first style I made when I started offering spring loaded adjustable and selectable steering systems many years ago.
I also offer some alternate side force stabilizers that work with the newer nozzles that came out in 2015 those mount on the bolt at the other end of the nozzle.
I do this because I do not want to deal with finger pointing.
If that bolt falls out and the nozzle breaks as I predicted and as has happened, I don't have to deal with it.
So for that reason it's your boat do as you like but I will continue to offer only the alternate side force stabilizers that do not share that bolt position.

Most people do not understand that the nozzles float if you go out to your boat and check a stock nozzle you will find it can move up and down freely if you remove that play you are flirting with disaster.
I posted this in the past, your nozzle turns on 2 standoffs those are tight against the inner nozzle and they create the free play for the steering nozzle.
If you do not use proper thread locking compound or you remove that play you stand a good chance of the bottom bolt working loose and falling out. When that happens the boat will continue to steer in forward and there will be no indication that anything is amiss, but when you close the reverse bucket it creates a strong lifting force on the nozzle, since the botto0m anchor point is now gone the nozzle lifts upward and snaps off the top of the nozzle and your day is done.
So I am intentionally avoiding anything to do with sharing that location with another product. That way you know where to complain. If you wish to use alternate side force stabilizers that is fine with me I went out of my way to help you with that.
I think it's interesting that someone tried it and it worked sooner or later I figured that would come into play.
I guess it just fortifies what I have been saying all along about the compatibility . Also remember the magnum A K and the Ultimate A K systems are both compatible with lateral thrusters and the new mega fang plus I offer.

Yes, the floating comment is particularly important. The bolt is on tight against both stand offs/bushings for both the cone and the stabilizer, then the LTE on its fixed position. The cone and fins do not bind and are held in place but move freely on their bushings.

Everything appears to be built with quality and precision, so I don't expect I'll need any warranty help...(tempting the gods I know)

The fixed fins work great for me, and the enhanced reverse directional action that pushes the boat sideways at the stern also works amazingly well for me.

The 40mm bolt is 3-4mm too short, (because of what I am doing, attaching both systems on the bottom bolt)so I did use a longer bolt. Not able to get a 45mm locally, I got a 50mm and added some extra pressure washers to get it flush with the water stream.

Not suggesting you do what I did, just sharing I was foolish enough to try, and so far quite happy with the results. Will see how it goes long term, but I'm optimistic. So far so good!

Last edited:
I am sure it will work just fine

Against all recommendation I installed using the lower bolt. Used 50mm bolt and two extra washers. Everything fits and works just fine. It was a brief pain to line up, but seems to be working very nice and solid.

My CJS is fixed, but uses the bottom bolt to hold a stabilizer. (If I'm using the terminology correctly)
With this 50mm "stack", did the LT bearing cutout line still mate with the line on the pump? With a dry fit I did(with both spacers and stabilizer) this line did not engage for me. It seems the line is routed into the LT's to help with rotational force.

It did not. Unsure if it was done for fit or to help with rotational force.

Back