• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug info

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just to clarify - When people say "pull the cleanout plugs", does that mean completely removing the plug from the tube and placing it on the rear deck or is it OK to twist and pull the plug up and leave it in the tube?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pull completely out of the tube. I lay them over the holes and have the plugs on their sides.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Funny thing was I did think it would actually fit there and I'd be able to close the cover. Worked like a charm.

Thanks,

TomIMG_20210823_162134.jpg

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
somehow we allowed you to slip through and even with 400+ posts, our apologies,

your symptoms do sound like the cleanout plug was seated/working properly,

normally when people don't remove their plugs they end up with all the minerals/crap in the water evaporating time again turning into concrete around the seal and freezing the plugs in place.

I left my boat in the water once for 4 days and the plugs swelled and were difficult to get out,

check out Jeff's product in his signature, it's a cheap, easy and effective insurance to make sure your plugs are installed properly and won't blow out under pressure.

Who is Jeff?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length