• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

clean out plugs

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Crazy question. I was on the chase of small leaks and verifying my scupper R/R was indeed water tight. I pulled the boat down the ramp and let it sit for several minutes checking to make sure I had no water issues. All passed minus a small dribble from depth finder sensor. I replaced the o-rings on the tray access ports too as they were completely flat.

But here is the question. I noticed the clean out plugs had water on top of them. I did run the engines, but did not come off the trailer. Should the clean out plugs "leak water" back up thru them. Not really a big deal right now just a quick question.

thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can replace the bottom half including a new gasket , part number for the kit is FOR-67609-09-00 not all that expensive probably around 40 each

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can replace the bottom half including a new gasket , part number for the kit is FOR-67609-09-00 not all that expensive probably around 40 each
I feel like even $10 is more than what these should cost :)

Btw why do they come paired up with the plastic plugs?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You will need to ask Yamaha.
I can tell you that it was a big improvement that they decided to sell the bottom part and the gasket in a rebuild kit, prior to that you spent a small fortune on a complete cleanout plug PERIOD !

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The thing that keeps making me wonder about the water on top of your plus is that the plugs are forward of the pumps so running on the trailer backed into the water should not cause the plugs to leak , They are on the suction side in the intake tunnel.
Usually the water on top of the plugs comes from back wash over the rear deck.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've always had water on top of my plugs. I believe that's normal.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Normally the water on top of the cleanout plugs comes from water flowing onto the swim deck when the boat slows down.

If the cleanout plugs were leaking I would expect a powerful water jet that would be quite noticeable.

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks for the comments. I always thought the water was form it washing over the back deck too. Oh well I am just going to watch it for a little while and see what if anything happens.