• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaned the Gelcote using that cream ( I use the cream every 3 months here's today's results )

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been Boating all weekend as the weather's been good so i spend Monday cleaning and polishing the Boat, I've showed you the product i found to clean the inside seats and trim which I'm more than happy with and it does a great job, Here's what i use on the outside it's also great at removing small scratches in the gelcoat it contains a wax also so only one application just wash the boat and apply the product rub it in circular motion let it dry and just polish it off and as you can see by the Photo i took today it gives a really deep gloss shine, Oh it works great on the waketower also.

IMG_3300.JPG IMG_3301.JPG IMG_3298.JPG

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder what kind of crazy treats these guys offer... :p

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't rush the job if necessary do one side one weekend and the rest the weekend after, As the weather is so hot and humid here i just take my time and do it over 3 days 2 sides and then back and inside, I have just finished it today and this is the kind of depth of gloss you can expect on the Gelcote if you apply it well and cover every square inch nice and slowly, Remember it's not a race enjoy doing the job, It keeps a 10 year old Boat that's used every week in Saltwater looking good.

IMG_3306.JPG IMG_3307.JPG

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last time i gave the Boat a gentle cutting back was August so i did it again this week using that polish i showed you, I like to do it every 3 months or so, Here's the results it works on the rubber rubbing strip also !

IMG_3679.JPG IMG_3680.JPG IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3682.JPG

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice!
Wonder if that is available in the states or what the equivalent would be?

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice!
Wonder if that is available in the states or what the equivalent would be?
Maybe worth checking Amazon that's where the members managed to get the upholstery cleaner i use.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carnuba is carnuba under any brand name. @Geoff Cooper maintains his gel coat well and only needs to apply a wax (carnuba). Look into Meguires Fleetwax for a great marine wax or if you need to correct cloudy gelcoat look into the line of 3M cleaning and compounding products, they cant be beat.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Carnuba is carnuba under any brand name. @Geoff Cooper maintains his gel coat well and only needs to apply a wax (carnuba). Look into Meguires Fleetwax for a great marine wax or if you need to correct cloudy gelcoat look into the line of 3M cleaning and compounding products, they cant be beat.
This has a built in wax so it lightly cuts the gelcote a little and applies the wax at the same time, I use a little water with it on the Mop at the same time i find it helps and spreads it evenly, Just allow it to dry and wipe it off for a good deep shine.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I buy it at the local hardware shop here it costs about $2 a can and a can will last me about 3 applications, If you use a little water on the mop it seems to help and spreads it evenly and you don't get parts that set like cement, Just leave until the next day to dry and polish it off, It's great for small scratches also it removes them with a little concentrated effort.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You might need to translate mop into American english. This is a mop to us!

upload_2015-10-13_21-13-57.jpeg