• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning after outing

Zyglett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all,

Looking to learn a little bit about others cleaning procedures after outings. Especially cleaning the floor (even under carpets) and the seats. Right now I'm just using a lot of towels/wipes/vacuuming, but I feel like I could be more effecient with the floor specifically. Like can you just take out all the carpet and hose all the debris out the back? I'm new to this and want to keep this thing in the amazing condition I got it in.

Attachments

• 20220529_101641.jpg
    20220529_101641.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 44
Good question. Honestly, I just take care of the outside after each outing with Hot Sauce. I wash the inside periodically. Maybe two to three times a season. I’ve had it for years and I still like to think it’s immaculate.

I use Mcguire's boat soap on the outside. Shammy to dry it. I wash the inside once in awhile, depends on what we did. Last time out people were in and out of the boat a lot and we had a couple of spilled drinks / snacks, so I soaped up the floor and sprayed it down.

What cleaning tools do people use? I am looking to clean it faster, maybe a brush or sponge on extender pole? hand sponge is killing me.

I run in salt water, So I clean the inside and outside every trip. Salt away in the engines and I spray the rest all over the boat.

ORPINE soap inside and outside using the extra soft brush. Yellow brush is a bit stiffer for the carpets, but scrubbed outside of the boat.

After dry, I go back and spray CRC 656 over the pumps, on the clean out plugs, etc

Depending on how the vinyl looks, I'll use the vinyl clean, then vinyl protect. All other times I'll just use the protect. It protects against UV, sunscreen staining, etc

Attachments

• PXL_20220601_180913524.jpg
    PXL_20220601_180913524.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Chemical Brothers and a power washer, shopvac and sunny day

I run in salt water, So I clean the inside and outside every trip. Salt away in the engines and I spray the rest all over the boat.

ORPINE soap inside and outside using the extra soft brush. Yellow brush is a bit stiffer for the carpets, but scrubbed outside of the boat.

After dry, I go back and spray CRC 656 over the pumps, on the clean out plugs, etc

Depending on how the vinyl looks, I'll use the vinyl clean, then vinyl protect. All other times I'll just use the protect. It protects against UV, sunscreen staining, etc
Hi! I’m new to the forum and to boating. What does vinyl mean? Is that the seadek? Is it okay to use orpine soap to clean the inside and out including floors, and then for upholstery/seats 303 marine and after the 303 UV protectant?

By law we have to drain and dry the boat before we leave the ramp area.
I was parked next to a bass boat when I pulled the clean out plug to drain.
Bass boat guy laughed and said my boat pees like a girl.

Back