• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

closet headliner/carpet falling down

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The carpet/headliner in my closet is falling down. I tried to put some adhesive Velcro strips against the fiberglass to help hold it up but it only worked for a year.

Should I get some spray adhesive or do you think there is some glue type liquid that would work better?

Following this. I just noticed mine is sagging this weekend.

Had the same problem and my wife came up with a GREAT fix involving syringes and crazy glue! (I wasn't too crazy about trying to dismantle the thing!)

She grabbed a couple of syringes (cough, cough... from work) with relatively large needles. I poured a small tube of crazy glue in one and "injected" it into the space between the headliner and boat in semi-random locations, held each in place for a few seconds, and moved on to the next injection site. Repeat as necessary.

Two weeks and it's still holding perfectly.

I used 3M Super 77 adhesive that I had around the house from other projects, I purchased it a Lowe's. My liner sagged in the middle so I pealed the edge free to be able to re-glue the sagging area. I applied a light layer of glue to both the back of the carpet and the mounting surface. Then I attached the carpet starting at the point farthest from the edge work to the edge. After 3 seasons the head compartment wall and ceiling carpet are still in place.

k2-_689aa63b-a18f-4f9f-8b11-5cc463a4097d.v2.jpg

I ended up using the 3m spray from lowes, it required very little, only about 5 seconds worth of squirting, the headliner attached with only pushing by hand for a second and has held up through 3 days of boating, so far it's been great,

021200212109lg.jpg

Back